Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the title suggests, my '95 had a Britannia Phoenix aftermarket fairing when I bought it. It served me well for a while and I loved the adjustable windscreen on it. However, the ground loved it less when I low sides in a mud pit one hot summer day.
All the mounting hardware is intact, I just need to find a source for a new Polycarbonate screen. I'm sure Britannia n longer makes this fairing , so I doubt a direct replacement is a available.
I see you options as 2 fold.
1. Make my own out if blank lexan ( but how to get the bends in it?)
2. Adapt/ cut down another existing screen.

Does anyone have any alternate ideas, or suggestions for one f the 2 above ideas? Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've heard of people using heat guns or an oven to put bends in plastic before. Maybe get a small cheap piece and give it a go? Then if it works, make a new one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both very good suggestions. Thanks
Now that it's getting cooler ( near frost temps in the early morning hours ) I am starting to miss having a little wind protection

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you still have the destroyed windscreen, and are able to piece it back together, you could use it as a mold for the new screen? Heating the lexan in an oven then, when it gets soft, use the original as a mold. Along the West Coast we have Tap Plastics, they have a fab shop with folks that are very knowledgeable about all things plastic, and they'll sell the material in exactly the size you need. https://www.tapplastics.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts