Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always hated bullies. I hated it when my Dad bullied me. I hated it when other kids did it. I hate to see it on here. Seems to me like there has been a lot of snickering and prodding around here lately, and I, for one, would like to seeing it ****ing stop.

Anyone with me?

And yeah, wrong part of the forum, but everyone reads this part and this is a wake up call we all need. The golden rule is still golden. Unless you want people to treat you like an asshole, stop acting like one. That goes for a bunch of posts I've seen lately.

We are a brotherhood. Family of sorts. This is beneath us.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
If you have an "IN" list, please put me on it twice.

Lets return to our former campfire setting. The first one who starts humming Kumbaya gets a week off. The brawlers can find a stool at a KLR bar known for brawling. This one..... ain't it.

Definition of TOLERANCE

a : sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own

Starting today, this word tolerance, and the application of it, will be the passport required by all who enter here. No passport, no entry. Those found sans passport will be diplomatically [?] deported until their paper work is in order.

LJ, as Justice of the Peace here in KLR land, I await your approval to invoke this order.

That is all.

Reactions: Primesandwich

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
deported until their paper work is in order.
What did I do?? :)

(you know me, always shooting for comic relief)

Unfortunately, it's not funny anymore.. And it's making others uncomfortable.. When people aren't comfortable, they leave.. And we've got great people here who are helping each other, which is the point of this forum..

If we can't be helpful... Well...

Then we as moderators have to do the thing we least like to do.. Make it comfortable again..

Sometimes this job just doesn't pay enough...:(

·
Registered
689 Posts
Thanks LJ & VA. I agree totally and if I am ever the guilty party, you have permission to take my passport for a "timeout":)

Respectfully,
Mark

·
Registered
146 Posts
....When people aren't comfortable, they leave...
Agreed.

Plenty of other forums out there for those who relish the feeling of having a sword suspended above their head by a single strand of horse hair...

·
Registered
412 Posts
The reason I frequent this KLR forum more than any other is it's tranquil and relaxing atmosphere and helpful, un-judging users. I'd like to see it stay that way myself.
/cheers <--pretty sure that was a fine pale ale btw.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Agreed.

Plenty of other forums out there for those who relish the feeling of having a sword suspended above their head by a single strand of horse hair...
There's a pretty large majority of us who are here because of that sword on another forum..

Oh well.. We'll get that sword back on the wall shortly..:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree 100%. This is why I visit this forum and not the others. I feel like I can ask any question (I'm not a mechanic) and not get thrown under the bus.
Thanks to all who make this forum enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks to all who make this forum enjoyable.
That's just as much you and those who are answering the questions.. If we didn't have questions, we wouldn't have answers and nobody would be learning much of anything..

Staring contests on the Internet suck...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I love the Joke-Jabs:63a::46:….. I don’t like the “direct”:12a: or “personal jabs”:29:. If my jokes at anytime cross the line:ashamed0001:… Please whack me on the back of the leg with the switch:36a:.
(unless you are a 5’8” tall, blond haired, blue eyed, well endowed cow-girl…. In that case feel free to whack me anytime….heheheh:20a:)

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
In September of 2006 there was a mass exodus from another forum. The people in this exodus wanted to find a more "family" style of forum. This was the place. To me a "family" style forum is one that you can have your kids looking over your shoulder while you post, or read without fear of them seeing something they shouldn't. A place where you can have a little fun. A place where you can ask questions without feeling like an idiot for not knowing the answer. A place where you can debate in a civil manner.

I look at it this way. There are four main forums. One where you can let loose, make fun of, cuss out someone, and make them feel like crap. Another that you have to tone it down a bit, and DO NOT disagree with Mods, or owners otherwise you are history. Another is mainly technical for tech-junkies. And this one. All of these forums bring something to the table, and are helpful in some way.

Where do you belong?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Yeah, but some of us losers can spell.. :)

Yeah, this is good hearted ribbing to one of oldest members here, who happens to be married to a moderator, and has a son who loves bacon!!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
That's a great kid, right there!!

And how many years ago were those shots taken??

He should be cooking for you by now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts