Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its almost time to go camping, ( even though I full time in an rv) its nice to go places campers cantish.
Ill post a couple picks, it will be of my last bike sold last spring, then I moved up to the klr.
1, tent, mine is 2.5 lbs packs small.
2, slp bag, mine was $25 packs smaller than a football, and unzip very slowly, or sleep with a knife, as its like parachute material and gets stuck easy. I also have a military plastic cover for bag with bug mesh one could just sleep with no tent.
3, cheep chair to sit on
4, book, phone charger, reading glasses, sun block, bug spray, razor, toothbrush and paist
5, Homemade soap, yes I make my own, it , is soap, shampoo, cream rince shaving cream, and is great to wash cloths, small towel, or use t shirt.
Water shoos to take bath in river or lake, swim trunks incase kids around.
6, fishing stuff in pick, the rods extend to 3 feet, use viena sausage and put in an old nylon so they steal bait off hook.
7, head light and ext batts. I take my vitomins, 2 alm bottles of water, and I have a portable water filtration that's great for out of river or lake, cheep flip flops, close, not overdoing it, its not a fashion show for me anymore, matches 4 fire, some disposable rags or paper towels, ( sorry) forgot sleeping mat, I use cheap pool floatie, packs small.
(what the bike in pick is packed for is 3 days and 2 nights. )

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts

Our old camper, just bought a 1978 Dodge Motorhome to replace this ol trailer. Can't wait to get that out in the bush. Will probably be next year though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, its almost time to go camping, ( even though I full time in an rv) its nice to go places campers cantish.
Ill post a couple picks, it will be of my last bike
I'm impressed you got all of that in your handlebar roll. What do you use for cookware? And is it in that pack? Cookware, food, and beer (if it can't be sourced locally) are my biggest packing challenges, moreso when campfires aren't possible.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MY bad, I haven't taken the klr camping yet. I started this to see what others do. That was my last Harley, and I was going to take a bike, break, but found out about no more krs after 2018 so got one.( In the yellow bag,) is toothbrush, n paist, pit stuff, 4 warm beers, In a bag so if they blow, A small towel, sleeping bag small as a football, a slp bag cover for ext warm if needed, cheep pool flotie for bed mat $4, flip flops, bug spray, flash lt, swim trunks, 1 bottle water I just refill at the sink, an old fashion book, BEST for last, is, homemade soap, been making it for 24 years now, started by just reading a book then made it and been so ever since. The one bar does, soap, shampoo, cream rince, one can wash ones clothes with it also, works great.
On handle bars, is tent smaller than a coffin, and chair. I eat out, go for a ride and stop and get a few beers, and relax at the campground. Better warm beer than no beer.
The slp bag with the cover, as the cover has a netting for bugs, one could skip the tent and just sleep outside, with not tent. ( wake up cuddling with a skunk) yyaaaaa.
The klr would be like bringing the Hilton with me, lots more room in the paniers, and I could bring my inflatable kayak with and go fishing.
This new sight wont let me post pics, for some reason.
I found a fishing pole, years ago, for $20, rod looks like a big marker and extends to 3 feet, and reals are choice of fly, cast, drop fish. A can of viena sausage with an old girlfriends nylon is worms always ready to go, without wrapping the sausage in the nylon, it falls off.
Cook were, if wanted, can be found cheep, from (sportsmans guide ), that's where I got my $25 sleeping bag, and cover, and old military cook where can be found in abundance. One thing I have, is a tin that is the size of a pack of cigeretts, and unfolds and one puts a small cookie thing in it an it cooks faster than a cheep microwave, for about 5mns. A sml coffee press is great for the mornings also, or tea bags. Eating can be easy, with home made old fashion canned foods, like chili, an stews, Heat and eat right out of the jar. And you know whats in it.
The soap book, can be gotten for free. Its called,,,,, soap, by an bramden,,, gives the history of soap, and lots of rsps. One batch lasts me a year and I give out samples at times. One doesn't have to smell like a perfume factory, just not smell.
Sorry for the long post, asking me a bike camping question, is like asking me about linework, I get long winded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts