Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a problem over on 650.net this AM. I could NOT POST!

Gave the issue a day to resolve its self.
I just tried to contact the 'Administrator', Glenn.
I am barred from even doing , that!!!!!
How can one straighten out an issue, when one can NOT even contact the administrator?

Yes, I cross posted info, from this site to that site! Against his advice! But I am not gonna' type it twice!

If he wants to be an a,, I'll add to it as much as I Can!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Have you paid your dues?? Maybe contacting the Admin is for Premium Members only.

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
Hmmm... Seems things haven't changed much on the dark side of the "net". Too bad really, lots of good info and folks over there.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
I'm shocked. SHOCKED!

(Well, . . . NOT, truth be told.)

Earl Long, when running for governor of Louisiana, told this story:

A cowboy, riding the range, found a rattlesnake in the desert, victim of a rockslide, severely injured from a falling boulder.

The cowboy gently picked up the snake, took the reptile to his cabin, bound up the wounds, fed and watered the creature as it healed.

One day, the cowboy stopped by the snake's box, looking in to see how the animal was doing. The snake coiled and immediately struck, biting the cowboy on the nose.

The cowboy said, "What did you do THAT for? I rescued you from certain death in the desert, nursed you back to health, and now you BITE me?"

The snake replied, "What do you expect, from a SNAKE?"

(Don't know why I was reminded of this story.)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Brief subject change: has anyone put a non-vacuum petcock on their KLR?

Well, you're WRONG!

:147:

At least that was the groupthink in one thread on some KLR forum other than this one. The stock vacuum petcock works fine and if I don't like it then I really ought to learn to use it correctly instead of changing to something else. (eyeroll) The posts really were unanimous on this although I'm sure other threads must have info about blockoff plates or the Raptor petcock. G. himself posted in the thread that I was just being stupid for not following the advice of the people trying to help me.

I'm not banned or anything but, really, why go there?

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Brief subject change: has anyone put a non-vacuum petcock on their KLR?

Well, you're WRONG!

:147:

At least that was the groupthink in one thread on some KLR forum other than this one. The stock vacuum petcock works fine and if I don't like it then I really ought to learn to use it correctly instead of changing to something else. (eyeroll) The posts really were unanimous on this although I'm sure other threads must have info about blockoff plates or the Raptor petcock. G. himself posted in the thread that I was just being stupid for not following the advice of the people trying to help me.

I'm not banned or anything but, really, why go there?
....Well I must not have replied 'cause I am very clear on my dislike for the factory vacuum petcock; I have the Raptor petcock on both KLR's and will never be going back. :wink2:

.....as far as the rest; I try to stay out of any politics. I know many people have had issues with Glenn but I haven't so far.....I am active there because there are some great people and frankly, it gets far more traffic than here.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I don't go there. Much like if I built a time machine, I would not revisit middle school. :nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts