Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Can you tell me of a good tank bag that fits the KLR tank well and won't get in the way?

-Mike

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Definitely the Wolfman!

·
Registered
177 Posts
3rds for the Wolfman!!!

With the caveat that it does sometimes get in the way when standing on the pegs in the dirt. Otherwise it's stellar :35a:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Gotta stand behind the Wolfman I have used on two KLRs and a DL1000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wolfman Expedition

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought a Fieldsheer Contour tank bag and like it. Fits my '08 and looks rather sharp. Brought home a gallon of milk and bag of cookies in it (really, what more do you need - those are staples) without expanding it. Several pockets that are nice in size. There's my $.02.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I like the Kawasaki bag.. Fastens well, has plenty of room and it doesn't need to be moved to fill the tank. $50 well spent..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wolfman. Fastens well,and when riding off road is out of the way

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a Wolfman Enduro, a bit small, but I'm still very happy with it. The quality of manufacture is fantastic, well worth the extra$$$. Sometimes I wish I would've stepped up to the Explorer, however, the smaller Enduro has never let me down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I practicaly live out of my Wolfman Expedition. Make a decent shoulder sling for it and you'll have a great sack for day hikes or whatever else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fieldsheer Access Magnetic bag. Fits perfectly on the KLR tank shape and you can position it toward the saddle so you can still get at the gas cap without removing the bag. Medium to small sized bag but holds a lot more than I need for everyday riding.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Over here (UK) we've got a brand called 'Oxford', and they're absolutely brilliant.

I've got both the tank bag and rear pannier set (they're a 'soft' luggage) - a gift from my wonderful wife one Christmas, many years ago.

They've been seriously well used - I set light to one of the waterproof pannier covers once, by leaving it too close to the exhaust when I put them on! Fool! I also took a dive with them on once and other than a little gravel-rash they were fine - they even protected the rear three-quarter of the Suzuki Bandit they were strapped to!

The tank bag specification is pretty excellent:

Super strong magnets
Luggage capacity: 40 litres
Dimensions:
Length : 45cm
Width : 32cm

It also expands really easily - just with a zip, and nearly doubles in size.
Height Unexpanded : 17cm
Height Expanded : 33cm

And the bag zips off the base to become a backpack! Also, the base you leave behind has it's own map window (same as on the top of the tankbag) so you can leave it on the tank and jump on the bike with the backpack if you want. It's also got a bumbag, with a strap (think you guys over there might call them fannybags?!) that zips off the back too, if you want one.

They all come with a lifetime guarantee and the best bit? They're around £75.00 new ($114.00).

Here's mine:

The bag all together

The bag extended

In it's component parts

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
(think you guys over there might call them fannybags?!)

Oh, no, we'd never use that term. At least not in the presence of other KLR riders.

Checking my 2009 edition of the Manly Man Manual, I find that even the Merkun term 'fanny pack' is frowned upon. We'd likely create a euphemism on the spot, as in, "Yeah, I keep my .45 Colt Government 1911 tucked away in a small bag around my waist".

And 'bumbag'?

No.

Tom

·
Registered
176 Posts
Oh, no, we'd never use that term. At least not in the presence of other KLR riders.

Checking my 2009 edition of the Manly Man Manual, I find that even the Merkun term 'fanny pack' is frowned upon. We'd likely create a euphemism on the spot, as in, "Yeah, I keep my .45 Colt Government 1911 tucked away in a small bag around my waist".

And 'bumbag'?

No.

Tom
Ah, the delicacies of trans-atlantic schemers. My infinite apologies - I couldn't resist flicking that out there... 'lost in translation', I'm sure :58:

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Ah, indeed, and nothing I'd ever get myself cheesed off about. I mean, I'm not totally blinkered and gormless.

It's the dog's to have a UK member on the forum - let's explore the language!

Tom

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree Tom - and genuinely didn't think you'd take that the wrong way, so am very pleased you didn't!

Too many people get worked up about their respective languages and the alleged purities of each one! Languages are an organic entity; they have to change and evolve, otherwise all the progression that's made, so quickly, through out the rest of the world would remain nameless and inadequately defined!

Latin's used for describing fauna and flora for exactly that reason - no matter what country you're in an Orcinus orca will always be an Orcinus orca!....

Very pleased you're cool about having a pompous, starched, Victorian influenced, islander in your midst.... (just kidding - I'm not that bad.....no, honest....)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts