Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
I read about this the other night... Those guys were hauling some serious ***!

Especially to AVERAGE the speed they did.

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a mixed bag for me. While I admire their planning, execution and accomplishment, I always get pissed when somebody blasts by me on the highway at high speeds like they're above the law. I don't know why, since I'm pretty much a "live and let live" guy, but it still torques me off.

In this day and age, I'm expecting an announcement that some legal entity is going to attempt to prosecute them in some way since they've gone public with their accomplishment and obviously broke laws across a large swath of states in order to do it, especially to "make an example of them" and attempt to dissuade others from doing the same thing in the future.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm kinda with planalp on this one. The fact that they were able to do it is impressive and the adolescent part of me think's it's cool but the adult side makes me think of how needlessly people's lives were placed in danger.

How are they not going to be prosecuted...all the evidence is there?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I'm kinda with planalp on this one. The fact that they were able to do it is impressive and the adolescent part of me think's it's cool but the adult side makes me think of how needlessly people's lives were placed in danger.

How are they not going to be prosecuted...all the evidence is there?

Traffic violations have to be witnessed I think.

To me it's just some rich boys and their toys. Doesn't take a lot of skill to floor it on I40.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Traffic violations have to be witnessed I think.

To me it's just some rich boys and their toys. Doesn't take a lot of skill to floor it on I40.
Not sure if this is a question of the state having to witness it it but in Iowa they have red light cameras where a traffic violation is "witnessed" electronically. I would think they have a ton of data recorded from GPS, etc...especially since they have to have proof of braking the record. Didn't some stuntas get in trouble for posting they're own vids on youtube?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Im surprised that no one has tried it on a bike but I guess you'd have to stop for fuel too much and a bedpan sure aint gonna work!

·
Registered
489 Posts
maybe a Cadillac ATS, hmmm. like the above posts, I gaze in wonder and am impressed but dang thats gotta be dangerous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts