Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come I can't edit older posts? I'd like to edit my for sale thread.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
I know some forum's will only allow users to edit their post's for a certain time frame. I'm not positive, but perhaps it's the same here. I don't think the questions ever come up before though, at least not that I recall.

If you want to post a link to the ad with the revisions you want done, I'm sure I or one of the other mods could change it for you.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i dunno where to delete one of my threads either, editing seems fin but i havent tried editing a super old one

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
How come I can't edit older posts? I'd like to edit my for sale thread.
Maybe you should upgrade your phone. That rotary may be the cause of your problem! :sign0161:
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
368 Posts
I added about 10 pictures to a trip report on another forum. Thought I'd add those same pictures here, but no dice -- the posts are apparently old enough that I cannot edit them.

I sure don't expect anyone to go back through the whole thing, but I did run into an old friend and gave her the URL. I thought the additional pics helped for a non-rider.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I'm not sure how things are set up here. Other forums I'm on only allow editing until another post follows the one being edited. I can't confirm if that's the case here by testing it.

As to anything in the classifieds - each month I've been deleting any post that is a year old - sold or not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Other forums I'm on only allow editing until another post follows the one being edited. I can't confirm if that's the case here by testing it.
Definitely not the case on this forum. I have been able to go to earlier posts to make corrections. I usually make clear that I had an error and a correction -- I'm not trying to hide anything. In the "Bought KLR for Inuvik" thread, you can see several edits that are timestamped after other posts pointed out my errors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts