Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I thought you guys might enjoy a blooper reel...

T

Reactions: alphashifter

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Tremendous, Tom!

Certain winner of Academy Award for Best CVK40 Video of 2013!

Cannes Palme d'Or for the same category!

A suggestion; no criticism intended whatsoever; might add a subscript (if not a few frames) about checking/adjusting float height while float bowl dropped.

If Siskel and Ebert still lived, TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea, Damocles. I'll see if I can work that in.

T

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
I've had no reason to get into my carb aside from once cleaning a clogged pilot jet and doing the .22 Mod, but when I eventually have to go beyond that, I will certainly refer to these videos. Thanks, Tom.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Very nice!

If only there was something to clean the carb with... :mexican wave:

Must be nice to be retired but shouldn't you be out riding instead of making videos in the garage? :Happy:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
thanks tom, very well put together and i also will be referring to this as a guide. much better to see it than to look at pictures and try to read it for me anyways. and that blooper real is classic.

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...Must be nice to be retired but shouldn't you be out riding instead of making videos in the garage? :Happy:
Yeah, I should be, but the lure of the silver screen is so strong...

T

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Fame. How long will it be before we see Tom headed down the same heart-breaking path travelled by Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes? Keep your shit together, Tom.

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I modified video #3 to include checking the float height and video #4, adding some stuff to the end.

T

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
:WellDone::WellDone:

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
lmfao that [lady] is craaaaaazyyyy
Guess you had to BE there, Scrapper!

The lady is "Norma Desmond," a fading SILENT FILM star; "TALKIES," motion pictures with sound tracks (as you now enjoy in your friendly local mega-movie theater) have come onto the scene, and she lives in her fantasy world of bygone glory and adulation; GRANDIOSITY.

So, her mental DVD apparently runs on "REPLAY," before "Mr. DeMille" (most prominent Hollywood film director of the time, playing himself), vainly announcing she's ready for her close-up, when no one will ever film her close-up again . . .

BTW, William Holden earlier found out; making friends with Norma Desmond was NOT a good idea, as he wound up floating, face down, in a Hollywood swimming pool . . .

Screen the flick! "Sunset Boulevard."

Oh, yes. Self-effacing Tom Schmitz is no Norma Desmond! He's a current and genuine super star! :)

Sincere thanks for the effort in making the excellent video, Tom!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Film Star

You got my vote for the Emmys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks so much for taking the time creating, editing, etc... This was no quick task I'm sure. Really appreciate all the time and effort you put in to this and to share it with everyone.

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're very welcome. The videos are fun to do and, because I'm too lazy to plan ahead and write a script, I come up with some great boo-boos and brain farts. The less serious I fix with text in the video. The others wind up in the blooper reel.

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts