Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a klr650 of the 2006. Im looking for improve my throttle response and power so yesterday i have good deal for a 38mm lectron carb. The carb was used on a crf250.

Is too small? my engine is oem, its only have a foam air filter and a aftermarket exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
The OEM CVK40mm carb and the 38mm Lectron carb may have nearly the same CFM of air flow rate, but re-jetting for the entirely differently tuned engine will be a NIGHTMARE unless Lectron has some BASE Suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Yep, what Paul said. And Lectrons are mostly used on wide open throttle applications so finding a needle with the right taper for you could be difficult. With no pilot or main, needle length adjustment and needle taper are your only tuning variables on a Lectron.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I can't understand why people drop $700 - $800+ on a carb replacement on the KLR that makes little to no functional difference and at the same time people constantly whine that the $500 cost of a decent shock (which makes a huge functional difference) is an outrageous sum to spend on the KLR! ....I must be missing something....

To the OP; KLX jet kit, drill the slide 7/64ths, pull the airbox snorkle, swap in a Unifilter and add 4 - 1" holes in the airbox lid. Negligable cost and you get your small boost in performance and throttle response.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts