Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Hey, you...yeah, you...the asshat with the 70K dollar Mercedes. It's raining. Hard. And you changed lanes without looking. In a black car. With no lights on. Oh, and it is pretty dark. Luckily I was looking. Because you have two kids in the car. One of them looks a lot like your unfortunate ass. One looks about the same age, but is a different ethnicity. Perhaps a friend of your sons? If I found out that you were driving my kid in the rain on a highway, talking on your iphone, changing lanes with no look and no signal...well, I'd have to seriously whup your ass. And those 'OK, jeez, whatever biker guy' hands? You know where they go, right?"

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

That's the war call. :character00268:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not a bad idea at all...

I am not a dick (generally...when I am it is privately...wakka wakka...:character00268:, but sometimes I think of all the things that could easily be thrown/squirted from a squirtgun onto those nice shiny paint jobs.)

·
Registered
507 Posts
There there now Dan, I'm sensing a lot of stress and frustration in your outburst. I want you to have a nice warm cup of herbal tea and assume the lotus position.........

There, see how much better that makes you feel? Now I want you to have positive thoughts and diminish those negative rifts in your sub consious.................

Now then the next time something like this happens I want you to shoot out the left front tier. OK?

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Firearms are NEVER the answer for anger. They are to be used for 3 things..
1. Food
2. Target
3. Protection from life threatening danger

Anything else, and you're just asking to go to jail.. Even if just shown to get a point across..

Now, stopping in front of someone to verbally inform someone of what they've done, that's different.. :D

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
...being an ex-Californicator and having commuted for several years from San Jose up toward SF, were you perhaps lane splitting at this time ? I got cut off on 101 between Sunnyvale and Mountain View one morning after a small shower, it was NOT pretty, but the '88 ZX10 lived to see another day, and me too! Guns ain't legal out in Cali but if they are in full view here in Colorado, now that's another thing...

Cheers,

John (aka RF_R_US, can you name the company from the bay area ?)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't splitting, no. I was thinking more along the lines of a squirtgun filled with pee. Or you know, brake fluid. :character00271:

Something dignified, you know? :11a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just read the laws. Never knew that. Lived in CA half my life.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Now now Dan. Simmer down. No road raging on wet roads. I rode in the rain today too. You have a wife and daughter to take care of. You have to be there to walk your daughter down the aisle and spoil the grandchildren.

·
Registered
650 Posts
'Can' or 'can legally' conceal?
Can legally..

12027. Section 12025 does not apply to, or affect, any of the following:

(g) Licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing expedition.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never been threatened by a fish...yet. ;) That is interesting though...very interesting. I'll think twice about asking the frustrated guy with the 50 year old rod how they're biting while I'm hauling in bass next time. ;)

(Guns are EXPENSIVE) And if I was gonna get one, I'd get a shotgun for the house. Karen would prefer I use my fists of fury to protect us. Both equally lethal. :character00271:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now now Dan. Simmer down. No road raging on wet roads. I rode in the rain today too. You have a wife and daughter to take care of. You have to be there to walk your daughter down the aisle and spoil the grandchildren.
I wasn't really all that mad. I play mad a lot better than get mad. I used to be more pissed on the bike, but you're right - Frankie changed all that. Now I just shake my head, move on, and go home and talk smack on the internet like a real man. :character00268:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Good job Joe. Printed text is always a good seller. I am gonna ask a ranger friend how they handle that on State Parks land. Gotta wonder if that law is good on BLM lands.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You cannot have a firearm Pistol or Rifile on person in State parks.

firearms permitted in vehicles and temporary lodgings when unloaded and "packed, cased or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use"
CCW permit holders can Carry firearms in California State Parks
The California Department of Parks and Recreation through its legal section, has determined that CCR 4313 exempts the following:

1) California Peace Officers who are otherwise permitted to carry firearms
2) Honorably retired California Peace Officers with concealed weapons privileges
3) Citizens with concealed firearms privileges

- National Parks, Federal, National Park Service, US Department of the Interior - firearms currently prohibited
That changes Feb 2010 with the bill that was signed by Obama. But, the written word regulating this will come from the State that park resides.

BLM Land, Federal, Bureau of Land Management, US Department of the Interior - firearms permitted but CA state law applies
-Unloaded Open Carry is legal almost everywhere in these lands.
- Loaded Open Carry is legal in areas where shooting is not prohibited, and in one's campsite (12031 et al)
- Shooting is prohibited within 150 yards of any residence, building, campsite, or developed site, or on/across a road or body of water
- Forest administrators have the authority to prohibit shooting in other areas of the NF but must post this information
- BLM administrators may post closures and restrictions regarding firearms use
- Loaded Concealed Carry is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while hunting/fishing, and only where shooting is not prohibited
- Unloaded Concealed Carry is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while traveling to/from hunting/fishing trips

I am gonna ask a ranger friend how they handle that on State Parks land. Gotta wonder if that law is good on BLM lands.
What?? my answers are not good enough??

:11a:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
You cannot have a firearm Pistol or Rifile on person in State parks.

That changes Feb 2010 with the bill that was signed by Obama. But, the written word regulating this will come from the State that park resides.

-Unloaded Open Carry is legal almost everywhere in these lands.
- Loaded Open Carry is legal in areas where shooting is not prohibited, and in one's campsite (12031 et al)
- Shooting is prohibited within 150 yards of any residence, building, campsite, or developed site, or on/across a road or body of water
- Forest administrators have the authority to prohibit shooting in other areas of the NF but must post this information
- BLM administrators may post closures and restrictions regarding firearms use
- Loaded Concealed Carry is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while hunting/fishing, and only where shooting is not prohibited
- Unloaded Concealed Carry is legal for licensed hunters/fishermen, while traveling to/from hunting/fishing trips

What?? my answers are not good enough??

:11a:
Remember I retired from 31 years of CA State Parks and knew firearms were not legal in CA Sate Parks.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes, one of the major pluses the carry bill for National Parks, etc is that it will bring them in line with the laws of the jurisdictional state. This affects very few people, no matter what it's opponents would have you believe. We will not see stacks of slaughtered bison or young families......

Here, it applies to Concealed Handgun License holders only and the state laws relating to them apply. There is NO change for anyone without a CHL. It's not clear (to me, at least) whether the state or NPS rules will apply to long guns -- they differ considerably.

I'm talking about Texas and Padre Island NS.

Now I'm up on the soapbox --- using deadly force of any kind must be your very, very last resort. If you shoot someone, no matter how right you are, your life will be changed forever -- psychologically, socially and financially. Notwithstanding the fact that you or your loved ones may be alive (and of course there's no trade out for that) you will be in deep poop.

Far better to be ready to shoot but trying to defuse a hostile situation or even retreating (Texas specifically doesn't require "retreat" in the law) than pulling the trigger. But keep your finger on it.....

Now, off the soapbox.

Goggle up Bobby Bare's song "The Winner". 'splains it better than I ever could.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts