Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this would work for the KLR, nut it is posted on another of my forums and is a neat trick, I have this on a couple of my bikes.

From my other board said:
Go to a bike store and get a bottle bracket holder.... and buy a phone clip.

separate the clip...

Drill a hole on the top of the clip...

attach the clip with the screw provided with the bracket..

install on Rebel..

Nice eh.?

Now don't talk while you drive!!....:)..at least I see if someone is calling and then I stop and return the call when I am safe parked somewhere.

About $11.00 bucks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Penny tech at its finest.

I just dig home brewed solutions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've never seen that type of water bottle bracket, but I just might have to look a little harder now. My cell phone doesn't have an external display, so I just stuff it in my tank bag where it's out of the elements; I can think of a few other uses for that little setup though.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Excellent idea, +2. One: This resolves where to store your cell phone. Two: What clock to get. Surely I have a similar bicycle bracket in my garage (somewhere) now I have to find a different phone bracket since I don't use the clip type.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not to be apocalyptic, but I always try to keep my cell phone in my jacket pocket when I ride. If you crash and can't move to get to the bike, it might save your ass if you actually have the phone on you. :( No good if you can't reach it. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts