Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway, my wife shouted today and asked me where her cell phone was and wanted to know if I'd seen it around anywhere.

She was talking to somebody on the phone when she asked me this. I figured she was on the land-line house phone. Nope, she was talking to somebody on her cell phone while she was asking me if I'd seen it around the house anywhere.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I'm not proud to admit this, but when I was teaching I woke up at 5:30 (that's HELLA early in Lockjaw land). One time I was checking the weather on the comp to see what I should wear for the commute. Weather channel said it was going to rain. Looked out the window and it was POURING. I felt dumb. Then tired. Then bummed. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Ha, love it. When I was a kid the folks forced us to watch Hee-Haw every week. One gag I'll never forget is a skit where Junior and Grandpa are laying around in the shack. Grandpa asks Junior if it's raining outside. Junior replies "Id'nt know, whyn't you call the dog in, see if he's WET".

·
Premium Member
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, love it. When I was a kid the folks forced us to watch Hee-Haw every week. One gag I'll never forget is a skit where Junior and Grandpa are laying around in the shack. Grandpa asks Junior if it's raining outside. Junior replies "Id'nt know, whyn't you call the dog in, see if he's WET".
After you mentioned it, I remember that skit, flash. Hee-Haw was the first TV show I ever saw in color.

·
Registered
298 Posts
So, one thing I like to do is visit thrift stores and see what other people call junk. One regular stop is a Salvation Army store, where I occasionally find a Bible or two for $0.50. I buy them for a prison ministry.

Anyway, I walked out of the Salvation army, loaded my treasures into my Emgo trunk, and put my helmet on. I started the bike, backed out of the parking spot, and as I started to leave I remembered my glasses. I have to take them off to put my helmet on, and I usually put them on the seat where the lenses are held somewhat captive between the seat and the cargo shelf.

I got off the bike and checked the seat behind me. No glasses. I panicked a bit, as I don't have $200+ to replace glasses just now. Walked back to the parking spot, looked all around. Got on my hands and knees and looked under the cars on either side. Still no glasses. As I stood up, I realized I could see! Yup, my glasses were on my face.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thanks for the big laugh!!! I too was forced to watch Hee Haw and I remember that skit.. Now I love Hee Haw and watch it whenever I get a chance..

And the Rifleman, Branded, Guns of Will Sonnet, etc. Truthfully, sitcoms were closer to reality and a lot more funny than the current "reality TV" that's currently on..

Gawd I'm old!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts