Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both advice from Frog and common reasoning tell me a center stand is essential. The one without the extra piece comes from Dual-Star, is more expensive. I like the picture and want a clean look on my bike. Is the extra leverage from the "lift arm", or "lift foot assist lever" a good idea or a gimmick? Is the center stand skid plate a good idea? Which source(s) have the best quality center stand? Thank you.

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
I would recommend the one with a "lift arm", foot assist. I have one with the foot assist and to me it would be a real pain to put the bike up without it. You would have to use your foot to hold the stand down and then roll the bike onto it. With the foot assist the stand does all the work.
I do not have the stand skid plate but can see where it can be valuable if you are jumping logs etc.
I bought mine from http://www.klr650.com/strdCenSt.htm

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had both, get the lift arm or you'll wish you did!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Center stand with "lift arm"

Thank you for center stand advice with "lift arm". I will eventually post how well it has worked for me. Probably from KLR650, with its own skid plate.

This is the first time I have been able to use the internet in this fashion for something which actually matters to me. This is awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts