Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was doing som chain maintenance this weekend and I noticed the top side of my chain was basically lying on the rubber swing arm guard. I checked slacked and it was within parameters. I just wasn't sure if it was cool with the chain lying on the rubber guard.

Anyone able to let me know.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Hi rw83. My chain rides as your chain does...on the chain guide. It seems that too loose of a chain tension will speed the deterioration of these chain guides. I have over 40,000 miles on one, with what looks like quite a bit of life left to it. They are dispensible items, like tires. There will come a time when they [front and rear] may need to be replaced. I am considering this for replacements when the time comes:

http://www.hotfootmoto.com/Site_2/Kawasaki_Sliders.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rw83. My chain rides as your chain does...on the chain guide. It seems that too loose of a chain tension will speed the deterioration of these chain guides. I have over 40,000 miles on one, with what looks like quite a bit of life left to it. They are dispensible items, like tires. There will come a time when they [front and rear] may need to be replaced. I am considering this for replacements when the time comes:

http://www.hotfootmoto.com/Site_2/Kawasaki_Sliders.html
Awesome thanks Vatrader! Makes me feel better knowing they ride that way.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
chain guide

Ok so I was doing som chain maintenance this weekend and I noticed the top side of my chain was basically lying on the rubber swing arm guard. I checked slacked and it was within parameters. I just wasn't sure if it was cool with the chain lying on the rubber guard.

Anyone able to let me know.

Thanks.
Hi, another thing to consider is when the rear suspension is loaded the chain will move away from the swing arm !:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Ohhh that's riiiiiiiight. Man it amazes me how I miss some of the obvious things sometimes. Thanks Klark!
Dude, most of the time, the more obvious it is, the more likely I am not to think about it. Weird. :46:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts