Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chain sprockets original my klr 2012 and would like to know that relationship I ride him to have a little long as I feel that the bike has too much torque for my taste and would like displace more without losing the strength of course someone have experience with this? if you know someone with piñom 17 and crown 43 improvement? or runs out of power?

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
easiest change is to replace the front sprocket with a 16 tooth from the 15.

Try that and see how you like it.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
Replied to PM.

·
Registered
378 Posts
but I'll replace everything so I wanted to know if 16 -45? or 16-43? or 17-43? 17-45?
I went from the 15/43 to a 16/42 front/rear sprocket combo for an entire year. I found the bike did not have much power in fifth gear until you forced it beyond 4500 rpm but by that time you are doing 130 km/hr. I am now in the process of changing the rear sprocket to a 43T so I will have a 16/43 combo. It is a good combination for commuting plus that dirt road while maintaining a sensible RPM range at the speed limits...

If you are the type that likes to get the front wheel up easily and create ruts in a trail, then you are best to go with a 14/45 front/rear combo but your engine will not like you on the highway since it will be screaming just to keep the speed limit.

Hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts