Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been using these on both bikes for awhile now and they do work. They cut way down on vibration. Another plus for me is that they increase the diameter which seems to be more comfortable. THESE SLIDE OVER YOUR EXISTING GRIPS. Their called Grip Puppies and are available at www.casporttouring.com I believe the cost is about $7.50 a pair. I'm not connected with C.S.T. in any way, just want to pass on something that works.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I had something like those on mine, and I have something like those on my wee-Strom now. The ONLY draw back I found with them was in the rain they got really wet.

The ones I have on the wee-Strom are the complete grips with the foam covers,I picked up at a local bibyble shop for $5, couldn't pass them up for that price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Entirely different from the " black foam grips " we used to use !! They are very thin with a rubber liner that sticks to the stock grip. Some kind of thin, dense foam coats the outside of the rubber. I havent had a problem when wet or muddy as they dont seem to retain water like a thick foam grip would. They come in two sizes ( KLR uses smaller size ) and just for fun, I might see if the larger size I use on the Vulcan will slide over the smaller size. Kind of a double your pleasure approach. :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Do you know whether or not these interfere with heated grip products any?
D

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Don't take this negatively but ProGrip 714's are only $7.95 and a tube of glue for $1.95 and you have a pair of grips that reduce the vibration by a ton.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dread said:
D

That I dont know. Might contact C.S.T. and see what they say. A lot of distance riders use them so someone there should know.

I changed out my stock grips for gel grips and that was was big improvemnt. Then I added the Grip Puppies over top of the gel grips and another big improvement.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"I changed out my stock grips for gel grips and that was was big improvemnt. "

Hey, I noticed the the directions on your grips in the photo; LEFT; DOWN

That must be right handy when you drop your bike and need to set it upright. I'm gonna have to get a set of them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Slaghammer said:
Dread said:
D
...I changed out my stock grips for gel grips and that was was big improvemnt. Then I added the Grip Puppies over top of the gel grips and another big improvement.
Did you use ProGrip 737 grips? They are flat and would handle the Puppies easily. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=6418&department=656&Division=6

The 714 grips are not flat and would have a problem with the Puppies but they sure work well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, I noticed the the directions on your grips in the photo; LEFT; DOWN

That must be right handy when you drop your bike and need to set it upright. I'm gonna have to get a set of them!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

I need all the help and instruction I can get :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts