Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from North Carolina. I'm new to dual sport riding (less than a month). I've been riding sport bikes for a long time. Always wanted to try adv riding so I bought a 2014 KLR650 NE.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi from North Carolina. I'm new to dual sport riding (less than a month). I've been riding sport bikes for a long time. Always wanted to try adv riding so I bought a 2014 KLR650 NE.
You have a great place to ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a great place to ride.
I'm new to the area. I've been scouting for trails or anything to build up my off road experience. So far I've found mostly power lines. I hope to find more soon. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm new to the area. I've been scouting for trails or anything to build up my off road experience. So far I've found mostly power lines. I hope to find more soon. Any suggestions?
OH! The Blue Ridge Parkway is a must!!! There's some gravel roads off the parkway also. Hwy 215 (love that road) from the parkway to 64. I love those rides. We camp near 215 & 64. Hwy 64 south out of Franklin is the waterfall ride. The parkway from Cherokee to Asheville is awesome. Hwy 32 is a great road too.

Just talking about it makes me want to pack up the RV.:laugh3:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duly noted. Thanks for the info. I'm working on mapping in-state adventures to be taken throughout the next two months. Definitely devoting a large percentage of time to the west & southwestern area of NC. Thanks Toney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts