Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of installing a set of Cheng Shin C828 tires on my 88 KLR. They are replacing a IRC GP-1 on th rear and an Avon Gripster on the front. I read quite a bit on various forms about tires and decided to try the Cheng shins. the price was cheep, $28 for the front and $33 for the rear, with a new tube for the front and a set of rim strips the shipping was free from Motorcycelsuperstore.

I was not real happy with the mileage from the IRC, just a little over 2000 of about 80% pavement and 20% dirt. The Gripster was on the bike when I got it and has lasted through two rear tires, but while I am on pavement 80% of the time it is to get to a dirt road so I thought the Cheng Shins would work well.

I'll see how they go and report back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IcePick

Unfortunately, just after putting the Cheng Shin's on the bike, a crack I had in the case got worse and the bike has been side lined sense. The couple of rides that I did with them were good. Very little squirming on pavement with them and held well in the dirt. I have some time off in the next month or so and plan to get the case fixed and the bike back on the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts