Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried searching but wasn't able to find any info although I've read it discussed some where.

Anyway I'm in the market for foot pegs and was thinking of going with the latest DR650 type.

Checked eBay and found these pegs for a very good price. No springs or pins but I can get those from the dealer and still be $$ ahead.

Just wondering if anyone has purchased these at all and what the satisfaction level was. Any problem with fit etc.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Black-Steel-Foot-Pegs-Suzuki-DR-250-350-650-/140455627767?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b3cecbf7#ht_2845wt_913

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Those sure look like the ones I got. Not off ebay, but they were like 20 bucks. I never put springs in and haven't missed em.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you get yours Lockjaw?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Yea those look like the ones I got off Ebay a couple of years ago. I paid a bit less than $20.

I tried to find springs for them but didn't have any luck so I've used them without and they've been fine. I did replace the OEM pin and circlip with a good grade bolt and nylock nut.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Where did you get yours Lockjaw?
I wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't seen it, but d2moto is where I got mine, too. A few years ago. It was one of the first things I put on the bike. Too wet in SF for the OEM. They went in easy, I never felt the need to try and put springs in there. Only time I notice is duckwalking the bike back they hit my legs and fold up sometimes. They have served me well.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks to me like D2Moto is selling the exact same stuff as the ebay seller from Hong Kong. With the discount code that KLRonbo gave the price is very close to the same if I buy three sets.

But which ones to get? If the DR pegs fit the KLR should I go with those or should I get the one that is speced for the KLR? Difference in the mounting bracket.

KLR

http://www.d2moto.com/p-4768-honda-xr-50-70-80-100-kawasaki-klr-650-foot-pegs.aspx?CAWELAID=544006648

DR

http://www.d2moto.com/p-6738-suzuki-dr-250-350-650-foot-pegs.aspx?CAWELAID=544006655

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Looks to me like D2Moto is selling the exact same stuff as the ebay seller from Hong Kong. With the discount code that KLRonbo gave the price is very close to the same if I buy three sets.

But which ones to get? If the DR pegs fit the KLR should I go with those or should I get the one that is speced for the KLR? Difference in the mounting bracket.

KLR

http://www.d2moto.com/p-4768-honda-xr-50-70-80-100-kawasaki-klr-650-foot-pegs.aspx?CAWELAID=544006648

DR

http://www.d2moto.com/p-6738-suzuki-dr-250-350-650-foot-pegs.aspx?CAWELAID=544006655

Get the ones for the KLR. The DR uses a slightly larger pin. The footpegs are otherwise the same.

·
Registered
94 Posts
the pegs listed in the link above say they fit up to 2005 klr's. Has the design changed on the post 08's. im assuming these would fit my 09. can anyone verify?

·
Registered
94 Posts
cool. thanks for the info. both the feelers broke off mine anyway... guess they are sitting on the side of the road somewhere.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I bought these same things off ebay for a KLR a few years ago. Paid about $15. Found some Moose springs and bought them. They were $12. Probably didn't need them but I'm still way under what I could have spent.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope that guy was holding a gun when he charged you $12 for some springs. I experienced the same kind of pricing when I enquired about springs and thought it was ridiculous. I then started thinking of going with the DR pegs and getting springs from Suzuki but I keep coming back to these pegs on eBay. Most folks find they don't need the springs.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I hope that guy was holding a gun when he charged you $12 for some springs.
I actually paid $12.95 from someone who comes highly recommended on this site and others for KLR parts and fast shipping and who I have had good luck and experiences with in the past. I wont mention his name or business so no one will think he took me. I new what I was paying when I placed the order and it did not sit well with me that I was paying almost as much for the springs as I was paying for the pegs but I had been real close to spending $80 on some IMS(?) pegs. For $80 you did get the springs with the pegs though. I figured I was saving $50. I have IMS pegs on my DR350 that I paid $89 for and I cant tell a difference between them and my $15 ($30 if you count the springs) ebay pegs. I am sure I could live without the springs.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought a set off of eBay today. I'll determine the need for springs when i get them but if they are as good as everybody says I'll be getting a few more sets.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought these pegs not more than a couple of weeks ago. They work just fine however I did have to take a file to one side to get the stock pin to slip in. Also, I found that my boots would sometimes catch the pegs and lift a bit. Not a big deal just kind of annoying, so I ended up cutting up an old trampoline spring and fabbed some springs to keep 'em down. $0's and works like a charm. Really didn't expect the spring to work but they do.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I put these pegs on my KLX last year and really like them over the small stockers.
I kind of wanted them for my KLR put didn't want to feel vibrations over the rubber pegs and didn't want to pay $13 + shipping for springs.
You have to run a drill bit thru the pin hole so the stock 08 pins will fit. Easy.
But I didn't like how they might stick to my boots and lift up with my foot someday when going to put my foot down in traffic. That would suck!
Went to MC shop to see if they had any lying around. He gave me some springs he thought were off of a gsxr.
They fit right in and give enough tension.

Looking at the stock pegs you wouldn't think the ebay ones would feel much different UNTIL you remove the stock pegs and see that you are standing on the EDGE of the square tubing. WTH!!
I'm glad I bought'm!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Cheapo serrated footpegs were one of my first priorities. Still glad I did it. Still don't have springs or miss em. That was a few years ago, now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts