Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of stuff for your bike did Santa bring you folks this year? Me, I rec'd a set of saddle bags. Can't wait to try them out.

Happy New Year

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Thermo Bob!

Nice spinning socket wrench from my Mother in Law.

I actually got the thermo bob early as a "christmas present". But I haven't put it on yet, so...

Merry Christmas everybody.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I got nuthin
Merry Christmas Mark, Mary and the mighty KLR.

Now you got something. ;) Doesn't add any weight to the bike either.

Peace brother.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Got me some new bags as well. Thanks Santa..

·
Registered
704 Posts
Roja Grande got a lil' sister. A green 03 KLR 250 - La Verdita - already got the lowering links so we'll see how well my wife can handle it.....

BTW - 1,3xx miles and essentially perfect.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Allright. I guess BI is winning so far. But, I see no pictures, so...

Jesus, I spent Christmas night in the ER. I need pics! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Roja Grande got a lil' sister. A green 03 KLR 250 - La Verdita - already got the lowering links so we'll see how well my wife can handle it.....

BTW - 1,3xx miles and essentially perfect.

Nice! Sold my 05 kicker... kind of wish I hadn't.

Merry Christmas!

MB4

·
Registered
704 Posts
Dang it, you guys are going to force me to learn to do this pitcher thing. Then you'll find out I'm just a fat little 13 year old living in Mom's basement and been faking you out all along..........

LJ - you mention the ER -- hope all are OK..

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Dang it, you guys are going to force me to learn to do this pitcher thing. Then you'll find out I'm just a fat little 13 year old living in Mom's basement and been faking you out all along..........

LJ - you mention the ER -- hope all are OK..
We knew it all along... Your mom told us!

Yo... Dan? What happened???

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Cool stuff. Got a shop stool, chain breaker / riveter, book, and a positive pressure brake bleeder (good idea in theory, let you know how it is in practice).

All this from my WIFE !!! We also just celebrated our 18th. She's a keeper !!!!!!!!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
ER

Thanks guys. Sorry to drop the ER bomb...it is just still so surreal I didn't think about explaining. My sis and bro in law had a daughter on Christmas eve. Three weeks early. All well, beautiful girl. I drove the baby seat and some shit out to vallejo yesterday. Get home. Sit down. Start eating a brownie and next thing there are eight fireman and paramedics all around me and Karen looks scared as shit. My thoughts were the right speed, but I could only talk really slowly and slurry. And I had no muscle control. So they took me in. I finally convinced them I wasn't wasted. They did some tests. All good. They shrugged. Not a big deal, I reckon. New one for me though.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks guys. Sorry to drop the ER bomb...it is just still so surreal I didn't think about explaining. My sis and bro in law had a daughter on Christmas eve. Three weeks early. All well, beautiful girl. I drove the baby seat and some shit out to vallejo yesterday. Get home. Sit down. Start eating a brownie and next thing there are eight fireman and paramedics all around me and Karen looks scared as shit. My thoughts were the right speed, but I could only talk really slowly and slurry. And I had no muscle control. So they took me in. I finally convinced them I wasn't wasted. They did some tests. All good. They shrugged. Not a big deal, I reckon. New one for me though.
Wow that is weird! :confused:Glad you're ok. Any idea what caused it? :confused:
Well on the brighter side I got a little Christmas bling, a Shoei Hornet DS helmet and a Bluetooth to go with it. Now I can listen to my tunes while I ride. :35a:

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Wow that is weird! :confused:Glad you're ok. Any idea what caused it? :confused:
Well on the brighter side I got a little Christmas bling, a Shoei Hornet DS helmet and a Bluetooth to go with it. Now I can listen to my tunes while I ride. :35a:
Darin,

Welcome to the plugged in crowed!

Happy Holidays!

Mark, Mary, and Budster :35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
No, no idea. It was just bizarre. And I'll be happy if it never happens again. And yeah, I could use a ride. Grandparents circling. :29:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had a stroke last summer. What you describe sounds suspiciously similar. I'd check on that if I was you. I was lucky, the part of my brain that died apparently wasn't being used in the first place, as is most of my brain:46:
My wife was scared too, but she drug my ass to the ER ASAP, and after a helicopter ride to OHSU, I was home in 40 hours.

SK

·
Registered
517 Posts
Dan, What's the diagnosis? Mini heart attack?, I had a bleeding ulcer and passed out at work in 2005. I guess I shouldn't have ignored the blood in stool. Hope you find the cause and the cure.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts