Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 400 miles on my 09 carryover aquired in late February.Noticed yesterday that all of the center lugs on the rear tire have chunks torn from the leading edge.I would say that over half of the miles ridden have been on gravel.

Are the stock tires that poor or could it be an issue with the tires being over 2 years old before being put into service?Would Dunlop offer any warrenty?

Farmer

·
Administrator
8,476 Posts
Farmer -

Knobbies will chunk a bit, even the stock Dunlops, if ridden on gravel. Ain't no thang.

The Dunlops are junk anyway and will, at best, go 5000 miles.

When the tires get bare, replace them with the tire of your choice and ride the thing.

Dunlop? Warranty? Doubt it, and doubt it's worth the effort. A good pair of tires (Kenda K270 or K761) will be $100 delivered to your door.

T

·
Registered
146 Posts
From my recollection of Iowa, the paved roads there could almost be considered 'gravel' roads.

Must use granite and quartz in the macadam.

Iowa road rash would probably be among the uglier sights to see...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buildit,Dunlop K750's

Tom,I kind of figured they would wear out quickly,Have been using Kendas' on my road bikes with good results.most likely will be my replacement choice for the KLR also.

Some Mook,I've been to Missouri and Illinois,always thought Iowa had fairly good roads.LOL

Farmer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts