Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Mark and I have been talking for a while about riding the city. So, here's my thinking. We can hit up the city, the Marin Headlands, and head up into Mt. Tam/Stinson Beach/towards Pt. Reyes all in a day. And it is all good riding.

I was thinking we could meet up at my place in Sausalito at ten. Ride into the city across the GG bridge. Check out some of favorite places in the city. Eat lunch. Then head north, hit the headlands, head up into the hills/coast and back to my place around 3-4. We would get to ride in the city, cross the bridge twice, hit some nice twisties, ride the coast, etc. I really can't think of a better day's ride. Combines three of my favorite routes.

I don't have a GPS, nor do I believe in overplanning (or planning for that matter). I will work out a more precise route, but I'm kind of from the "hey, just follow me" school of thought.

Anyone is welcome. And welcome to come for the whole ride or only part of it. All good. I was thinking the 27th of this month? Anybody down?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would really like to take that ride. I will see if I can pull it off. I just hooked up a friend, who lives in SF, with a free older Moto Guzzi California that a coworker had sitting in her garage. He is making it streetworthy again- would anyone mind if he came along?

Dave

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at all Dave. Fleet week wouldn't be too big a deal I don't think...I figure we'll hit the mission, noe valley area, golden gate park, sunset...away from downtown. I'll find out though. But yeah the more the merrier.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Is their a fare for the Golden Gate Bridge? Oops, sorry that is planning.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Room for everyone who wants to ride. :)

Bridge toll is $6. If you have a bay area fastrak you can save a buck. But the burritos in the mission are pretty cheap. That kind of planning, I can handle. ;)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who's in?

Allright, just so I can start visualizing how this is gonna go down. We're a week away...who's in? :35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone?

Can you hear me? Hello? :character00271:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well.... I'm out! My bike is having surgery... Doc says she needs a new 685! :35a:

Didn't plan on this way but what the hell...

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
No! We are on Day3 of a four day trip.
Awesome riding, weather, and friends.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John, sorry to hear that. But :35a: indeed.

Any other takers? I assume Mark and Tim are sharing a bed right now?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The easy way....

I, the undersigned, plan on blasting the roads of San Francisco, the Headlands, and the coast with no real planning, but with total faith in 'the Lockjaw way' this Sunday. Mark is the only one I know for sure since this was our idea. Tim?, Dave and the unknown Guzzi?

When you get a chance. Just want to know before Sunday. Roll call:

1. Lockjaw
2. MarkB4

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lockjaw,
I will see if I can work it out with childcare and wife's work schedule. I should know tomorrow. I sure hope I can work it out as I am looking to check out the burritos.
Talk to you soon.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's gonna be fun man...

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I, the undersigned, plan on blasting the roads of San Francisco, the Headlands, and the coast with no real planning, but with total faith in 'the Lockjaw way' this Sunday. Mark is the only one I know for sure since this was our idea. Tim?, Dave and the unknown Guzzi?

When you get a chance. Just want to know before Sunday. Roll call:

1. Lockjaw
2. MarkB4
I would if I knew where I was going but it sounds like you want to keep the particulars a secret. I would most likely get separated from the group, not know where to find them, then do my own ride and go home. But I can do that anytime.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Old folks do tend to wander off...I understand. ;)

OK, so we're down to me, Mark, and maybe Dave.

Mark, if you could confirm, I'd be a lot more confident this is actually going to happen.

I'm cool making this ride with two people or ten. Or postponing it, so don't hesitate to let me know what will work best.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hey that is "Old Folks that rides 20,000 miles a year" to you. And I am always lost. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts