Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a "MRA-X-CREEN" clamp-on spoiler on my 2012 KLR to see if I can keep those nasty bugs out of my mouth. I noticed that I can feel a strong wind turbulence on the top of my forehead while using my 3/4 helmet. Before installing the spoiler I would get an even wind on my face along with the occasional moth, yellow jacket or grasshopper. I guess I won't know for sure if the $150 investment was worth the cause. There are no insects flying around this time of year. Perhaps I will do a Fall, New Hampshire tour and see if I get leaves in my mouth:50:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here's the spoiler...

Here are two pics of the spoiler I attached (clamped-on) to my windshield.

W/O the spoiler I get lots of cold air blowing on my face. With the spoiler I get wind turbulence right above my eyebrows. If I crouch down 2" I feel a calm spot. I am 6'-1" tall at present but if I keep crouching down I might develop a Hunch Back torso:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not bad...

Yesterday was around 45º F when I took the bike out for a highway ride. I got up to around 70 mph wearing my full face helmet and noticed that the X-CREEN spoiler worked pretty good. As I mentioned before, the wind was blowing at forehead level or at the top of my head and there was minimal wind blowing under my chin or neck. So I guess the spoiler does do its job for a tall person like me (6'-1"), at least wearing a full face helmet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed a "MRA-X-CREEN" clamp-on spoiler on my 2012 KLR to see if I can keep those nasty bugs out of my mouth. I noticed that I can feel a strong wind turbulence on the top of my forehead while using my 3/4 helmet. Before installing the spoiler I would get an even wind on my face along with the occasional moth, yellow jacket or grasshopper. I guess I won't know for sure if the $150 investment was worth the cause. There are no insects flying around this time of year. Perhaps I will do a Fall, New Hampshire tour and see if I get leaves in my mouth:50:
I bought one of the Lamilar Lip stick on spoilers for my Suzuki V-strom. It worked well but I agree with you that all it seemed to do was move the airstreem up from my face to my forehead. I sold the Suzuki bought a Triumph Tiger put the Laminal Lip on the Tiger, sold the Tiger and now I have the KLR. One thing nice about these add on spoilers, you can keep them and put them on your next bike, and the bike after that, and maybe another one. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts