Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I am ashamed/proud (depends on point of view) to say in 10 years and 90,000+ miles, I only wash my KLR in the rain (at speed). Wax? When I take my earplugs out and rub them on my riding pants, helps waterproof the seams. 馃槼

Reactions: Reveille

Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
Pretty sad when you pull your earplugs out and a big chunk of wax is stuck on the end. I'm in awe at how nasty it is. I guess it is better out then in.

Registered
And I clean my ears regularly, I ride almost everyday or so! 馃榿

• Haha
Reactions: PeteK and Reveille

Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
I used Tire Foam last time after riding in torrential downpour. The bike was filthy and I remembered I had the Tire Foam over on the shelf. I sprayed the bike down with it and then wiped up after it and it looks better than brand new! It gets into all the nooks and crannies. I honestly don't what happens to the dirt but it's like the stuff disintegrates it or something....anyway like others have said though be careful around the tires etc....the stuff can be a bit slick! I rode around the yard and dirt a good bit before heading out on the road again. Lol.

Premium Member
2018 KLR650
I am ashamed/proud (depends on point of view) to say in 10 years and 90,000+ miles, I only wash my KLR in the rain (at speed). Wax? When I take my earplugs out and rub them on my riding pants, helps waterproof the seams. 馃槼
:D

Premium Member
2018 KLR650
Another really cheap cleaner is called "LA's totally awesome" an
I just googled this product to see if it's available in Australia. It is available, but, I reckon it is not so cheap here. $24.95 for a 945ml bottle which is about a quart.

Registered
I hope I can stretch mine out to 90k.
Change the oil, check the valves, sprockets and chain and tires. It really has been super reliable, and still gets 58 mpg in the NC/SC mountains. Only wash it in the rain, it likes it that way. 馃榿

21 - 30 of 30 Posts