1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
That is a good price, hope they hook up well. I am useing a set I took off a DR200 that I had, a lot of people use pegs for a DR 650, but I think they will cost a lot more than the ones you got.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This guy sells pegs for almost every make. The peg itself is the same on all makes, it is the part the pin goes into that seems to be a lil different with each. Even tho he had a set for a KLR, there was a $7 dollar difference between them and the ones I purchased which were for a suzuki. Knowing that the DR's would fit we ordered the cheaper ones.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
The look like the IMS Super Sports (or something like that) that I have on my KLR.. The stock pegs are very slippery when wet, and the wider peg is nice when standing..

I threw my stock pegs away a long time ago!!:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Was considering a set as well, has any one had any issues with the pegs chewing up the bottom of your boots ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've had mine for awhile now. Still did not get the springs but no issues.
They fit well & seem strong enough to haul my 300# lard but around the dirt.

Funny thing. They started out at $14. When word got out on the forums the price creeped up quick.

Good Idea on the DR thing DXKLR.

John

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Was considering a set as well, has any one had any issues with the pegs chewing up the bottom of your boots ?
There's some that are very VERY aggressive. The IMS are not sharp, and in 3 years they've not affected the bottom of any of my riding boots.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I will check them out..... Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
aggresive pegs also have a habit of chewing up your shins:)
Actually the reason I replaced my pegs was because the stock pegs were so slippery (when wet) that I was slipping off of them. With the aggressive pegs, my feet stay on the pegs, even when in the middle of a stream.:49:

(I think I finally saw a use for the fish head smilie)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts