Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was changing the clutch cable on my girlfriends 2011 yesterday. I disconnected the clutch end by moving the arm toward the back off the bike but it didn't want to return to its original position. I lifted it slightly and it then returned to the original position but now it won't push back down. There is a 3 or 4mm gap between the arm and the engine housing which I am sure wasn't there before. I gave it a gentle tap but it seemed fairly solid. The clutch seems to operate OK but I'm just worried something isn't located correctly and it will mash something up. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It might help to understand why it is as it should be by looking here: http://www.kawasakipartsnation.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b8dccf8700223e4799ff4/clutch-kl650aea72320-sim
The notch at point (A) on the clutch release shaft #13102 going down through the case catches the head (A) of the rod #46102 and the release shaft has to be at the right height so that the the two points (A) match up.

When you pull the clutch lever it rotates the shaft and the notch in the shaft pulls the head of the rod out just a little. The rod presses on the bearing #91045 (the throughout bearing) which moves plate #13187 out just a little (throughs it out) releasing the spring pressure on the clutch plates and disengaging the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts