Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone clue me in on exactly how the clutch cable runs behind the fairing to the lever? Mine seems to be binding when the bars are at full lock right. Does it go in the "circle" holder attached to the top left triple tree that the brake hose runs through, or to the left of it (open area) or to the right of it (little triangle of space between the instrument cluster). Picture, anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
There is a wire type holder that the cable runs through attached to the frame close to the bottom of the rad overflow bottle, and I'm pretty sure there is one around the tripple clamps too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the abscence of any more replies I just went to my dealer and examined a new on-the floor KLR650. The clutch cable is routed around the front of the steering head, under the gauges, out the "triangle" of space between the circular brake line holder and the guages, and then to the lever. I did not find a wire holder as described by daddyjoe behind the fairing though.... (?). Mine had been routed around the left side and back of the gauges.

So that was a good result of my trip to the dealer. The bad result is my need for an FJR1300 has now become nearly insatiable.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
This is how it is on my A18

Just above the hwy pegs cross bar, and below the speedo cable. I ran an extra cable just incase it breaks while I'm out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just where it disappears from view, near the top of the picture, is there another wire clip to retain the cable or not? I couldn't see one, although I didn't have the luxury of pulling the dealers's KLR's fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
There is a clamp attached to the tripple but my clutch cable does NOT go through it. (maybe I changed it when I put the second cable on I don't remember) It does go through the wire type clamp (just an oblong circle) attached to the bracket that holes the rad bottle on. I don't think I have a better pic to show the top of the front, but I will look. With my dash and bar risers I may have changed the top brackets if there were any there. (I do have sometimers, and forget things)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, yeah, that is how I had routed it; works fine. Hope you didn't rip that away for my benefit??? Thanks, though!

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Almost anything for a fellow KLR rider. ;)

No I didn't, I took some pics of mine when I had it torn apart the first time. (so I would know how it went back together) :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hi ronenfe!
I am just going to point out the date on the top left of each post. The thread you are replying to is from 2006. Thanks for trying to help though. :) Welcome to the forum!!
justjeff

·
Premium Member
7,297 Posts
JJ,
I think 'ronenfe' just need an "?" instead of a "." at the end of his post. Looks like he got it all connected and operating properly in "Clutch Rod" thread.

Even after 7 years on the forums I occasionally mis-read a date. And occasionally I purposely 'resurrect' an older post which I feel might have an error that needs discussed or corrected.

How many other members occasionally go to "Who's On line?" to see what others are researching? That was how I discovered the 'spammer-attack' while back.

Reactions: justjeff
1 - 12 of 12 Posts