Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a post a few days ago about a fellow who sells a longer clutch release lever arm to ease the effort when the clutch lever on the handlebars is actuated. It replaces the shorter, stock, release arm that is near the add oil cap on the crankcase. I have searched for this thread for the last few days but have been unable to find it again. HELP!!!:ashamed0001:
Can anybody offer some assistance? I think the selling price was $35.00

·
Registered
36 Posts
Us four wheeler guys have been doing this for years on Yamaha warriors. They have a hard clutch pull. and it does work. You can do it your self. Or take it to a welder.

·
Administrator
8,369 Posts
pismocycleguy-

The deal there was that you would pull the actuating lever out of the case, cut it and weld in a short extension. I don't remember the length, but it was on the order of a quarter inch or so. Gotta remember that if you add too much, you'll run out of clutch lever travel at the handlebar.

Something you might want to try, though, is the Moose Racing Easy-Pull Clutch dealio. It's about $40 at all the usual inter-net sites. This is a universal gizmo; there is no specific application for the KLR. It would be up to you to figure out how to fit it in and stuff.

You might be the first person in the known universe to put one on a KLR - at at least the first one to do it and tell the world!

Tom

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Limited play

Schmitz
Thanks for the headups on the loss of movement by extending the lever arm. The clutch lever only has a limited amount of travel so adjusting the clutch play could be difficult. Time to look at other solutions.

·
Administrator
8,369 Posts
I do believe, though, that the lever arm we're talking about is an easy replacement item if you honk it up. It's a $40 part.

That Moose thing might be promising if you can figure out how/where to install it.

Tom

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found It!

To answer my own question, an extended lower clutch arm lever is available from [email protected]
Visit the twinheadlighternie site and you can find photos and descriptions of many neat parts that Ernie makes, offers for sale to upgrade many problem areas of your bike.:)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'll be drinking beer and camping with Ernie in a couple weeks at the Wisconsin Guzzi Rally..

All are welcome, and Ernie brings down a big trailer full of his goodies..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts