Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 KLR
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with Todd at Cogent. Got all my new suspension ordered. Now the wait. Long wait. :(
Currently running progressives up front & stock shit cranked to 5 in the rear, and its not cutting it at my fat 6'-2" 300lb ass.

·
Registered
2022 KLR
27 Posts
What year is your bike? I just purchased a 2022 klr and am wanting to improve the suspension
i‘m also a healthy 3 spin man :)

·
Registered
2018 KLR
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2018. Cogent just dialed in their suspensions for the 2022 models couple months ago. You can rock the entire setup now. You would need bar risers to use their adjustable fork caps. They are not needed but are nice to have. I went with Cogent after all the positive reviews and videos about them. I have one friend that has Cogent and his bike rode like a dream. Another buddy has RaceTech and rides about the same In the end, I decided on Cogent over RT for ease of install, money, and their super customer service.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just talked to Todd at Cogent today about my BMW project. Yes, they are behind. But...it's worth the wait. They have done all my race bikes and street stuff for years. They've dialed in my fat ass more than once! Rick works magic!

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
You will be very happy. :) I've used all three of Cogent's shocks and have DDC's in both my KLR's - night and day. .....and you are correct; the Racetech stuff is about the only suspension that is equal to Cogent but since the install is much easier and Cogent's service is second to none, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Rick (and Todd and Joyce!) rocks!

I'd love to hear an update when you get it installed.

Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
2022 KLR
27 Posts
You will be very happy. :) I've used all three of Cogent's shocks and have DDC's in both my KLR's - night and day. .....and you are correct; the Racetech stuff is about the only suspension that is equal to Cogent but since the install is much easier and Cogent's service is second to none, it's a bit of a no-brainer. Rick (and Todd and Joyce!) rocks!

I'd love to hear an update when you get it installed.

Cheers,
Dave
Thanks for the input!! I will be giving them a call today! I will keep you posted once installed.

·
Registered
2018 KLR
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a chance to call them? What did you think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts