Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
It is the Cogent MOAB shock with Ohlins spring
So was it about 750 ish ? I know they make a moab thats cheaper.

And hell I have the beer fridge in the garage so working on hte bike is not an issue...............and if it gets cols well there is a heater also.......... needs AC but not sure I want to go that far..............

Front forks should be easy as there is not much to them. Like psted before the biggest wait will be draining the oil............. I have messed with forks on most of the bikes I have and there not bad to deal with.

·
Registered
KLR 2014 Gen 2
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So was it about 750 ish ? I know they make a moab thats cheaper.

And hell I have the beer fridge in the garage so working on hte bike is not an issue...............and if it gets cols well there is a heater also.......... needs AC but not sure I want to go that far..............

Front forks should be easy as there is not much to them. Like psted before the biggest wait will be draining the oil............. I have messed with forks on most of the bikes I have and there not bad to deal with.
Price wise ... according to invoice it is broken down between shock, spring, modification (extended, wanted a taller suspension) and other terms, comes about to 750.

Well worth it, got to make sure I got the beers in the garage fridge !

:p

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
Loosen the top fork clamp bolts, then loosen the top fork caps..
Remove the front wheel & the fork legs.
Remove the top fork caps.
Remove the factory spacers, flat washers & springs.
Cycle / pump the forks up & down a dozen times to stir-up the possible sludge in the very bottom.
Invert the fork legs over a drain pan and pump out most of the old oil.
Hang them upside down for 30 minutes and have a cold beverage,

Proceed with Cogent installation & reassembly instructions. It is not 'rocket-science'.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Loosen the top fork clamp bolts, then loosen the top fork caps..
Remove the front wheel & the fork legs.
Remove the top fork caps.
Remove the factory spacers, flat washers & springs.
Cycle / pump the forks up & down a dozen times to stir-up the possible sludge in the very bottom.
Invert the fork legs over a drain pan and pump out most of the old oil.
Hang them upside down for 30 minutes and have a cold beverage,

Proceed with Cogent installation & reassembly instructions. It is not 'rocket-science'.
30 mins I can suck down way more than one cold beverage..... :LOL:

·
Registered
522 Posts
They tell you how to set the ride in sag in the instructions. However after taking all my weight info and checking the sag it was bang on without fully loaded baggage. I will recheck once bike is loaded but they had it dead nuts on. One thing I really noticed on my short ride was no more nose diving and the bike is way more brake positive using front brakes now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts