Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our forum! Wheeee!

Gonna have a mini tech day at my place this saturday the 21st in the morning. I'll be adding some stuff to my wife's KLR and Patsue will be coming by for a doohickey and whatever else. Come on down if you want. If you need directions let me know.

Will probably take a ride in the afternoon, but don't know what or where yet. Weather might decide that.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Colorado riders

Hi Marty, where are all of our Colorado Riders? Weather is changing fast now, RIDES????? I see you have a tentative tech day scheduled hopefully I can make it.
Nick

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick, I wrote in your intro post, also. We'll be wrenching a bit. I'll get my bike back togethr, Laurie will get some progressive fork springs, hand guards, doohickey, maybe foot pegs. Maybe some other stuff like the brake line. If Patsue shows up, we'll do his doo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Woohoo! I found you guys, and I can post! Still want to get together for a ride up phantom canyon, etc. this fall Nick! We just got back from Mexico, and I'm wrenching on a 1977 yamaha DT100 Enduro for Tami to learn to ride. It's a sweet bike, but I'm working out electrical gremlins.

I hope to be active on this site- I know you guys thought you were rid of me ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Duke , glad to see you found us, welcome, Sgt marty had a tech day scheduled yesterday but the weather turned bad so it was a no go for me.
I'm hoping to get some more riding in, let me know what you are up for, ok?

nick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nick- how long of a ride is it from your place, up Phantom Canyon and down Shelf road (or vice versa). How would it be for a day ride from here and back, with these shorter days?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hayduke,

I'd guess the round trip from Florence up Phantom Canon and down Shelf rd or vice versa would be about 4-5 hours including an hour lunch stop in Cripple Creek. If you got here 9:30-10:00 you should be back on the road to Salida by 3:00-3:30. I think these times err on the side of more time than I expect it to take.

Nick

·
Registered
42 Posts
AAHAAA! There we are!

YIIPPEE, and Bummer! So glad there's a colorado forum, bummed that I missed the mini-tech day. Ah well, at least we're here. Hi Nick, Hayduke ( how's the lovely Wife?) SgtMarty. Hope more will show, I'll check here often. See Ya!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: AAHAAA! There we are!

Kawioops said:
YIIPPEE, and Bummer! So glad there's a colorado forum, bummed that I missed the mini-tech day. Ah well, at least we're here. Hi Nick, Hayduke ( how's the lovely Wife?) SgtMarty. Hope more will show, I'll check here often. See Ya!
Tami is doing well. I just heard from Mark (our British friend). Tami and I rode with he and his wife Daisy down to Copper Canyon (Mexico), and they continued south toward S. America. They were in Puerto Vallarta today, headed for Tequila tomorrow.

I also sent an email to Robb Pennie (Highcountry?) - he was at the Tech Day in Sept. He was wondering where we all went. Said he'll be checking in here.

Take Care!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nick, if she is around when you do the ride, Laurie wants to do Phantom Canyon/Shelf Road too. I'm up for it again.

Depends on when, and if there is snow on the road. I doubt that Laurie is ready for snow yet. But, we'll see.

·
Registered
121 Posts
nick said:
Hayduke, You still want to do the Phantom/Shelf run? Ahh, when the blizzard blows over of course.

Nick
Yes! I probably can't do this week, but maybe next if the weather holds. Do you think snow will linger on that route? My buddy Mark wants to come, if you don't mind riding with a beemer... ;)

BTW, my only chances to go these days would be Mon, Tues, or Wed. Marty, can you swing a weekday?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hayduke,Sgt Marty,

The snow is definetly a deciding factor (along with mud) I'd hate to slide off into a 500ft canyon!! I'm, as you know, available anyday the conditions look good. I'll try and get a road condition report for next week. Anyone you like is good enough with me for the ride. Marty, the Mrs. is more than welcome, plus your ability to repair the space shuttle with duct tape and bailing wire make a bike ride very comforting. ;)

Nick

·
Registered
121 Posts
nick said:
Hayduke,Sgt Marty,

The snow is definetly a deciding factor (along with mud) I'd hate to slide off into a 500ft canyon!! I'm, as you know, available anyday the conditions look good. I'll try and get a road condition report for next week. Anyone you like is good enough with me for the ride. Marty, the Mrs. is more than welcome, plus your ability to repair the space shuttle with duct tape and bailing wire make a bike ride very comforting. ;)

Nick
Lets let it melt for awhile, then check it out. It's supposed to get pretty warm down your way this weekend.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can usually do Mondays, unless I have a subpoena. Laurie is 'hit and miss' with some weekends due to being out of town a lot lately.

nick, when the road looks okay to you, let us know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
nick said:
Hayduke,Sgt Marty,

Nick
What!! The slide is part of the adventure! Hell, people in Disneyland pay for that kind of Pucker factor. Well, good luck, wish I could go, but weekdays are almost always out for me. Don't forget the camera's!!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts