Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! :)
On most forums I've been on and/or moderated, there's always been a sticky or two that had the first post or so kept up to date with links to the best/most detailed posts on How To's, Modifications, Issues that need to be addressed. This was great so new people and vets alike could have easy and quick access to frequently addressed questions and issues without having to repost or dig through pages of forums.
Any thoughts on someone creating one like that for here?
As an example. I've been browsing several forums for a couple weeks now, and I know of the doohicky potential issues, have heard of the thermobob and 22 cent mod, and some other vac issue. But otherwise have had a hard time nailing down any info on any of them.

Ok....ready? 1, 2, 3......discuss.

Cheers,
Bart

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
Gotta admit, that's a science project I've been considering. I've been really tied up with work issues for a while and my free time has been spent riding.

I already have one homework assignment sitting, almost done, that I haven't finished.

It's a really good suggestion. We have the stuff here.

Tom

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
Jeep, KLR, what's the difference?

Water cooled VW???? WTF, O?

Tom

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeep, KLR, what's the difference?

Water cooled VW???? WTF, O?

Tom
LOL, so true. Actually, that's one reason I got the KLR so I could still get out and see Arizona.

And ya, water cooled VWs. You know, Rabbits, GTIs, Sciroccos, etc. I actually raced Solo II with a couple different 1.8 liter water cooleds for a couple years. But, I digress.
*flogs self for going off topic*

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
My favorite picture of an early (I guess Gen1?) Rabbit was of one taking a hard left in an autocross.

It looked like a dog peeing.

Tom

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aaaack! You're draggin me OT again. Ah yes, the classic 3 wheeled corner move of water cooleds.
My favorite, though not a MKI, was a very heavily modified Gen 2 VW Fox. a 93.

ugh, while I'm at it. here's my last bike.

Hey Mr Moderator! Keep me on topic!
:)
Cheers,
Bart.

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Why? That's no fun....

Tom
Yeah, that's not how we roll. So, anyway, I just got a Case Cheetah Cub as a present. It's dope. :character00271:

Oh, and uh....I'm cleaning my air filter as we speak....sun is doing the work now, but soon....soon....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL
Well, since this thread is self hijacked, I just got my Thor 50/50s and they're too big. I hate ordering stuff online. I wish I knew of a place in the Phoenix Area that was like....a motorcycle boot superstore. I'm getting a beer and then I'm going to go stare at my bike and pretend I might work on it tonight.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Jacking your own threads is the best way. (Family forum...nobody say anything...just nod and walk away).

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
OK, here it is!

It's a work in process, but I wanted to get something up to draw comment.

This is a community project. The post is closed to responses, but there is another sticky for suggestions of topics to add and links to add for stuff you found helpful. You suggest 'em, I;'ll edit the sticky and add 'em.

Please, pitch in!

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK, here it is!

This is a community project. The post is closed to responses, but there is another sticky for suggestions of topics to add and links to add for stuff you found helpful. You suggest 'em, I;'ll edit the sticky and add 'em.

Please, pitch in!

Thanks,

Tom
Nothin wrong with that! Good Job Tom!

:35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
OK, here it is!

Please, pitch in!

Thanks,

Tom
I don't know why I never saw this. Nice, Tom.

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
Probably 'cuz I stickied it and closed it to comment.
Closing it was probably a mistake.

I'll open it up; that'll make it easier to comment on.

Tom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts