Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is Saturday morning and I am getting ready to install some cool stuff on my bike. I, against all wisdom on this site went with the Nomad Rider crash bars and the JNS skid plate for the Nomad Rider crash bars, I have a fairly large order from Happy-Trails that has not arrived yet. My question is that I believe that two of the items I 'm preparing to install use the foot peg mounts as anchor points. The Nomad Rider crash bars and the Happy-Trails non adjustable center stand. Is this going to be a problem? Happy -Trails does not show my order as shipped yet so if what I'm wanting to do is not possible, perhaps I can cancel the center stand. I would hope that somebody has come across this before.
Any imput would be appreciated. Also, I plan to install the crash bars today before I receive the center stand. Should I wait to install both items at the same time or maybe the center stand needs to mount on the inside of the crash bars? I am not sure.
Thank you in advance for any information.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Following as I pulled the trigger on the Nomad Crash bars yesterday.. But no skid plate yet.. and hopefully won't have to disassemble the bars to install a skid plate..lol Tub of Blue Locktite... The JNS skidplate is ugly.. Why they don't finish the welds... Hopefully there is a better plate compatible with the Nomad Crash Bars...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
There is already a problem with the foot pegs pulling out of the thin captive nuts in the peg mount, so adding two sets of additional accessories just adds to the leverage and makes it more likely the pegs will pull the bolts out.

There are skid plates that don't require using the peg mounts. I see no reason to push your luck. In fact, I see no need for a center stand. I fix flats in the woods with a PVC pipe stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts