Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up riding on some forest service roads and hit a pothole, not usually an issue but it disconnected my muffler from my exhaust and broke two bolts on the frame. After getting the bolts replaced with some spares I started on my way home but I couldn’t get more then 3.5k rpm before the engine had no power, almost like it was out of gas but tank was mostly full and all the lines connected. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
910 Posts
Sounds like a hard impact. Does it lose power only when you get to 3500 RPM, or does throttle have something to do with it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It loses power, I couldn’t get up a hill and had to push it, it didn’t die but it felt like it wanted to, but I haven’t messed much with the throttle yet other then limping it home

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Has anyone recently had the top plastic cap off of the carburetor? This 3500 maximum RPM suggests a pinched/torn/pin-holed vacuum diaphragm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carb hasn’t been touched but given how finicky carbs can be and how hard I hit the pothole it wouldn’t be surprising

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Edit so I don’t have the low rpm issue anymore but around 6000 rpm it loses power, also 3rd gear and higher it jolts ever so often but it has consistent timing between each one

After mostly sitting for two days and getting mostly everything put back where it’s supposed to be it runs okay? I’m just waiting for the exhaust to muffler gasket so it’s straight piped for now, but it doesn’t lose power anymore. I can’t tell based off sound if it’s running okay because of the exhaust but does anyone else have any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts