Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always liked the Indian brand. The riders I've met on them aren't as ostentatious as the HD riders.

·
Administrator
8,306 Posts
1940 vs. 2013

T

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
That is one seriously well designed engine with those internals!

Very neat commercial too!

What's the deal with cruiser guys wanting pushrod motors? There are fake pushrod motors too! Just the look I guess? Sure isn't for performance.

·
Administrator
8,306 Posts
Oh, Spec, you missed it. Whooosh!

Those are parallel push rods....

T

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It has hydraulic lifters too......it beats our system of shims etc......
The idea of old school looks with modernish internals is neat, imho.
The Beemer is just plain up to date with the latest mods and cons isn't it? Not that I have any love for the Beemer anyway. It certainly would propell a small car down the road well! Even that 3 wheeler or reverse trike I was thinking of building. We'll have to see how well my KLR works by next winter to see if I can once and for all leave the damned thing alone and build something new.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Neat. Closest I ever came was an Indian Moped, but it was a damn fine moped. Better than my Puch.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
One of my freinds had a Puch moped back in high school in the mid 70's, it was the best and fastest of the mopeds in the day. For those who wanted 2 wheels instead of 4 were seriously jealous! I was a 4 wheeled fool back in those days. You needed you head examined imho to want to ride 2 wheels. But I was wrong again....lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts