Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After learning that a small puddle was a 4ft deep hole... I guess the bike fell down and up against the left front fairing and radiator. The plastic is all scratched up, no biggie... but in looking behind, it seems that my coolant fan is rubbing up against the radiator. Now I'm sure that's not supposed to be like that. Is this something where the fan mount might be bent, or the radiator is pushed too far back and now rubbing against the fan?

I'm thinking of taking in the bike to my dealer for a once-over... since I have put 800 miles on it in a month already and want to get all the fluids checked/changed... especially after the bike sank into that murky water (but started right up even IN the water!!!).

Any input, thoughts, advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Zo

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
more than likely you have bent the brackets posibly you radiator all that you have mentioned you can take care of unless you just want to spend the green for the dealer. first thing check your air box right side cover under seat. make sure you dident suck up water in the air box. clean it out clean filter pull your leaf side cover check the the radiator and brackets you need to take care of your radiator is a high dollar item starting at about $800.00. oil and filter is very easy to do. and invest in some crash protetion they are cheaper than a radiator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info... Yeah I reached in and pulled the fan assembly away from the radiator and give it some clearance to spin free. I don't think I did any major damage, been putting miles on the bike since it happened and it still runs a very low temp on the gauge. As for the air/oil filters... that I'm changing this weekend, since I'm at the 1000 mile mark which I just noticed tonight. I just sold my dirtbike, so that cash is going towards Motech crash bars (from reading all the debate between HT and Motech and others) and I will keep on pavement until they're installed. Thanks again!!!!

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
keep the rubber down and watch them puddles.:character00271:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts