Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the Verizon/Blackberry Storm and a thought occurred to me. Could this be the perfect all-in-one unit? If I mount it to the dash of a Britannia Composite XS twin, would it do all these things:

Clock
GPS navigation
Music (built -in MP3 with 2GB and easy change memory chips, plus maybe the option to play on-line music through my XM-online account since it has a browser)
email to receive messages (well just in case of an emergency)
Camera with video
Internet Access (to check weather forecast or news)
Media player (don't know how that would come in handy, but it's threre)
Phone

I wonder how good the GPS would be if it's limited to the Verizon network or would it work anywhere like a regular GPS unit? Then again, maybe one of the garage scientists could tweak it and make it perfect???

It could be mounted to the dash, but easily removed and taken with when the KLR is parked. I guess that makes another feature: Theft proof!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Nice device! Similar capabilities as my Nokia N95. The GPS navigation on my phone is comparable to a low end TomTom One or a Garmin Nuvi. Very street usable. However, I would not mount a mobile phone to the KLR due to vibration / rain issues. Just my .02.

I'm still looking for something that will do topographic and streets in one package and not be too expensive. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm mounting my Garmin Zumo 550, to the bike and use my Palm 700wx for the phone and internet stuff. Its better to have seperate devises because if it comes loose or breaks you are pretty much ****ed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, after time to reflect more on it, it's not a good idea. Better to get a good GPS unit, a new instrument cluster like the Razor(sp?) and keep the blackberry for a phone and internet access. Guess it's just a guy thing to always be looking for the perfect whatever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts