Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was installing a ZG Sport Touring windscreen today on my KLR Dash and as I was (over)n tightening one of the screws the windscreen cracked around the well nut, about a 1/4 inch crack. The screen is still quite secure but I would like to fix it so that it doesn't get any worse. I have some thoughts in mind but thought I'd throw it out to the DIY crowd to get your ideas. Thanks in advance:fiddler:

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
What's your plan?? Cracks like that are hard to fix. I would drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading and that's probably it.

Reactions: Lockjaw

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from spreading and that's probably it.
I would also add some "plastic weld" available at any of the chain auto parts stores, made by 3m.
May not need it but won't hurt.

Reactions: Lockjaw

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Or duct tape. (Gorilla of course) :) Might not stop the crack from spreading, but it will hide it.

Actually, the advice above is excellent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to use Loctite plastic epoxy. Primarily because I have it on hand and the crack is covered by the edge of the KLR Dash. It's curing now...we shall see.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts