Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
: Resa: I am a new member. I am the owner of a klr 650A of 1987. after many years should I replace Crankshaft. I would buy it on ebay.
could you tell me in which year should I report? if I have to take only the 1987 reference.
or can I mount a drive shaft more 'young?
I apologize but I do not speak English I write from 'Italy and I used a translator.
thanks and hello to everyone.

paolo

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Paolo, Hello and welcome to the forum.

Do you have reason to suspect the crankshaft is worn? Normally the crankshaft is not part of scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is the drive shaft is broken, at least my mechanic told me it was broken, before disassembling had changed did rattle noise and show it to him before I had checked the chain tensioner personally and everything was ok.

I hope someone can help me seriously, pointing to the years of compatibility 'of the' crankshaft with this bike

·
Registered
376 Posts
hi
: Resa: I am a new member. I am the owner of a klr 650A of 1987. after many years should I replace Crankshaft. I would buy it on ebay.
could you tell me in which year should I report? if I have to take only the 1987 reference.
or can I mount a drive shaft more 'young?
Wikipedia says the 1987 crankshaft is unique to that year, which means you can only use a 1987. (I haven't done any more research other than looking there; someone else would know more than me.)

BikeBandit sells the complete unit for $600, but you can get it in pieces, too. But they say it's on backorder... I don't know if they're still available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your interest I also had checked on wikipedia and it seems to me that my bike 'was produced for only two years, however,' I believe that the engine have not made ​​substantial changes, the changes more 'big I think have been made to the chassis 'cause the bike was too heavy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts