Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm looking to get crash bars for my 2005. I like the look of the Tusk, but I called their shop and they don't make a set for the Gen 1 (model A) bikes, only 2008 and newer. Does anyone know if they would fit a Gen 1? If not, does anyone have any suggestions on a good set of crash bars and pictures of them mounted to the Gen 1?

Thanks as always,
John

·
Registered
335 Posts
I run the sw motech bars and jns skidplate. Both of which they make for gen1. Great quality. I went with jns as it bolts independently of the crash guards. My only qualm is on the gen 2 the bars tend to be 3/4" closer to the cowling on the left as that side sticks out farther with the radiator.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Not to diminish other nerfs, but . . . Happy Trails Paris-Dakar nerf/engine guard/highway pegs have proven crash-worthy on my Generation 1; Utah Sport Cycle bash plate (identical to HT product, I think) as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also looking at getting the IMS 6.6 gallon tank. From what I can find, most, if not all, crash bars aren't compatible with the aftermarket tanks. Some say that crash bars aren't really needed with the 6.6 gallon IMS tanks as the tanks help protect the radiator. My riding will be mostly pavement with some light dirt riding. I won't be going fast over rough ground.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts