Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Santa Rosa last weekend - Mrs. Lockjaw and Francine the Bean came with in the car. Didn't take any pics cause we ain't real smart. Sweat my ass off on the way there, but had an awesome ride home. With a brand new addition.

After having them in my living room (Mrs. Lockjaw was super stoked on that) for months and months, my crashbars are now on my bike where they belong. With a little help from Mark B4 (thanks Buddy!), who was kind enough to host the Lockjaw crew including our bruiser...little Frankie, they went on without a hitch. And we got to hang out with Mark, his lovely wife Mary, and Mark's mom (who is like your Mom, only entirely more awesome and hilarious). They even fed us...tri-tip, potatoes and salad. So good.

The bars went on pretty easy because Mark is the man, and I follow directions well. ;)

I haven't really noticed ANY change in the way the bike handles...no vibration...nothing. The bars look good and the peace of mind having them on there is priceless....well not priceless, but worth the price of crashbars.

The only downside of the day was that it was 103 degrees, but that didn't stop us. Although I was powerfully dehydrated when we got home. And I got to talk to a HWY patrolman (Mrs. Lockjaw misinterpreted my signal to take the next exit to mean, 'pull over on the side of the freeway right now'.) He was cool about it though, although he didn't do us any favors getting back into the flow of traffic and wanted to know why my eyes were so red. I told him it was a million degrees and I was wearing ATGATT and apparently there is something in Santa Rosa I am mucho allergic to. He thought that was funny. I think he should have bought me a gatorade. Instead I bought my own, took a Claritin, and went to sleep with a belly full of tri-tip (Mark was out of Tofu).

Thanks Mark & Co. We had a great day.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
LJ et al,

It was a pleasure to have the "crew" up. Your wife, and daughter are truly awesome! And, your OK. You are blowing way too much sunshine up my skirt dOOd, (I don't want too many of "those" KLR freaks to know I am happy to help... anytime).

Sorry about the weather, and I told the CHP after you left to "be on the look-out" for a green KLR with a guy with a smile on his face, and a cute wife, and daughter following him... My bad...

My Mom had a blast with you guy's also! ( I only wash her hair on Saturdays)

Looking forward to a ride with you in the near future!

M&MB4

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allright...I'll be honest about it. I already had the crashbars on. I let Mark "help" me. It's good for him to feel important. ;)

I knew you called the fuzz, man!

I'm gonna be hitting you up about that ride soon! Yeehaw! :16a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Number 1 reporting.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice Darin. We have to jump you in next. ;)

Looks good man!

You look like you were having fun, too! :)

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Nice going SLO!

Will be passing through your area on Friday the 11th. Want to have lunch in Pismo? at the Clam place behind the 7-11 off of Price?

MB4

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome pic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts