Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW Motech Crashbar on the right side developed a crack near one of the welds and one day came apart:confused:

So i contacted Twisted Throttle via E-mail on my cell phone. Amanda became my service rep and promptly took care of me. She asked me to take a few photos of the bike and crash bar. Shortly after, she sent me a nice email stating how Twisted Throttle would happioly honor their warranty on the SW Motechs.

And thats how you do that if you ever have a warranty concern with Twisted Throttle!

Excellent customer service!:22a:

Im happier than a Hot Dog at a Gay Parade!:11a:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thats great Sal. I'm glad everything worked out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
same experience here. Twisted Throttle came through.... had to pay the shipping, but I recieved a replacement bar. Going to do seom welding on the broken one to have a replacement if ever needed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How was the installation on them? I think they make the best looking ones. I have Happy Trails skid plate, but Twisteds web page say they fit. That's nice to know about their service

·
Registered
94 Posts
SW Crash Bars

The installation was easy enough. Getting things lined up was a bit difficult without a helper but do-able.

In the last couple months, i ventured into some more technical riding that the KLR wasn't designed to do (or my ability kept me from doing) without crashing. That being said, the bars have had more than their fair share of abuse and held up perfectly, just some battle scars in the powder coating.

I would highly recommend the SW bars, and twisted throttles customer service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crashing sucks. Sure wish I would have bought them before my Mojave trip. The right side plastic is all busted up from trying to park at 35. It worked as I did technically park, but butter technique would have had me stopping first. Good thing zip ties are cheap.

Gonna get me a set.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have laid the bike down more times than I like to admit and in all kinds of terrain. Luckily, I've had the SW motech bars on since the beginning and thanks to them, there is not one scratch on any of my plastics. They are worth every penny (especially since they came with my 09).

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'll be ordering the Motech crash bars in the next couple days. I ordered a set of Barkbusters and they made it to my house in I believe 3 days. Pretty damn fast.

Now I am waiting for my JNS Engineering skid plate to show up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is amazing! I can't believe all who have broken plastic like myself (I damn near broke the radiator with the front bumper of a car, and the side tank plastic got smacked pretty bad). I shopped Craigslist for a year before getting my '02 which I stumbled upon while riding my '73 CB 200 one day, and nearly every add in Craigslist stated the bike had never been down or even fallen over. I mean, come on guys and Dames, it's a KLR for goodness sake. If you don't fall over once in awhile, you're not using the bike for its intended purpose!

I have HT Nerf bars and HT panniers now, and one day while closing a gate, the bike fell over 20 feet away from me, and the only thing touching the ground besides the end of the handlebar were the pannier and the nerf bar.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Talking crash bars, since TT is having issues with the new production Motechs, I decided to order some Givi crash bars. TT is selling them for $180. I checked another site I have purchased from before, but they were selling for $198. They have a price match guarantee, so I emailed them to see if they would match TT's price. They did, and to top it off, they offer FREE SHIPPING. So anyway, the company I bought from was http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/

Saved a few dollars right there

1 - 12 of 12 Posts