Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Crashlight. Are you using it?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Traper1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have the app as well and I am planning on activating CrashLight when I officially get on the road. The only issue for me is that I'm running on Freedom Mobile and the coverage outside the GTA and other major cities in Ontario is very sparse.

That being said, I do believe it's a good investment that is a much cheaper alternative to GPS service like SPOT Tracker.

#3 ·
Would you not still have coverage with roaming turned on? It wouldn't cost you unless there is a call made or text sent.

My concern is I want to leave my cell on the handlebar mount, there is a warning to monitor your cell as vibration can trigger a false alarm; the preferred location is to keep your cell in a breast pocket. If I have to jump through hoops, I don't want it, nor do I want a text going to my wife when all is well.

I thought it would be a good service to have especially when you are off road in remote locations that are not high traffic.

#4 ·
I heard the same thing about having it close to you but I’m sure I also read somewhere that the way the app detects an accident is through rapid deceleration and then if it sees if you had laid out the bike.

I had written their tech support in the past and they’re very quick to reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.