Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding a 2012 that I purchased recently.

My handlebars seem to be a tiny bit off to the left and my dash seems to be even more off to the right. The bike doesn't show any signs of having been dropped. I'm wondering if this is typical KLR and don't worry, or whether I should try to adjust things and how?

The bike seems to ride just fine.

The front end is pretty much stock except for Rox risers and a fork brace.

·
Registered
914 Posts
check the rear wheel adjustment and make sure it's the same on both sides.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the rear wheel is fine because I changed the front sprocket and was very careful setting it up. Problem was there before I changed the sprocket and after.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are you saying it's like you have the bars turning slightly left to go straight? Or are the bars slid to the left to far in the risers?
If it were me, I'd probably remove the risers and see if the issue is still there. That's gotta be easy enough to check and make sure it's not the risers.
But to answer your question, my 15' doesn't seem crooked.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Make sure the forks haven't been turned in the triple clamps; loosen off, straighten and re-torque. If the forks are twisted you can probably tell by looking at the wheel vs. fender.

Other than that, it's probably the bars as the stockers have the strength of partially cooked pasta! .....they are also the widest bars I've ever seen on a bike with offroad pretentions; I replace them with much stronger and lighter renthals which are narrower and have less pullback.

Dave

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Sometimes I look at mine and think they're crooked. Always have. For me, it's a combination of OCD and the stock bars which aren't great. The bike has been down (low, low speed). I checked it and rechecked it and had other people look at it. Now, I accept it. YMMV

:bike:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah I'd check that it's in its proper position on the clamps, and check the bar for any bends/distortions. Possibly check the forks. My sister once hit the front on a curb (a Honda Rebel 250) and seriously effed up the bars, but the forks were twisted too, so I'd check that last but not least

·
Registered
28 Posts
same here and my setup is completely new. Well new for an 87. New bars, clamps, steering head bearings, rebuilt forks, new front wheel etc.. Still doesn't "feel" straight but my eye balls say otherwise so I said F it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts