Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the Cti wrist braces? I have just had my fourth wrist/hand surgery in the last 18 months. I have had a partial fusion of my wrist and am looking for something to protect it. Check this website out for anyone who has not heard of them www.ossur.com/?pageid=2944

Thanks in advance for any help/replies.

Luana

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Luana , I haven't had surgery but suffer from carpal tunnel -I just wear one of the braces with a spoon in it from the drugstore when it is bad-worse when I paint alot(I do artwork) and I have a throttle rocker on my bikes to help with it. The braces you are looking at seem really nice while also pretty technical and specific to different needs--have you tried contacting them to see if maybe there is a distributor in your area-or a good bike dayride away:) -that you could go and try the different ones out? They look like something I would want to try out and I am sure they are a little pricey.....sorry I didn't have any firsthand info---but I did see on their homepage about being a distributor so maybe you can find one---good luck-and give us an update if you get one.......Kay

·
Registered
61 Posts
ctis

i dont know about wrist braces but i have one of there knee braces, thrased my knee racing mx a few years ago and it helped out alot untill i finally got it scoped last winter. i got mine from a guy who raced in my distric, you might look around at a local race you might find someone who is a dealer. hope it helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard Cti makes aweseome knee braces. The wrist braces are popular in Europe but haven't really made it big in the US. They unfortunately do not have a distributor in Nevada/California area. The custom braces are made in Texas. With the wrist reconstruction I have had, in my mind I think it would be a good thing. If I injury the partial fusion I am looking forward to a total fusion and no use of my wrist. I think it is cheap insurance in preventing further damage.

Regardless of my insurance covering it or not; I will be ordering one in the near furture.

Luana

·
Registered
61 Posts
cti

probably a good idea.
i wish i had got my knee brace long before i trashed mine, maybe id still be racing.
good luck.
if you can get your doc to sign off on it ins might help out, mine didnt bat an eye about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts