Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a B1 600. Often times if really gun or am traveling freeway speeds, it cuts out on me. Usually if I ease off the throttle it stops. I have to gradually reach speeds. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Restricted fuel flow will do that. For example if somewhere from the tank through the petcock and fuel line and carburetor float valve and the jets there is a restriction that will only allow 26 horse power of fuel flow and you open the throttle to 30 horse power, the engine will stumble. If you back the throttle of to 25 horse power, the engine will recover and run fine.

Inline fuel filters or even dirty stock filters can do this.
A malfunctioning vacuum shutoff or leaky vacuum line can do this.
A restriction in the carburetor float valve or the main or needle jet can do this.
A leak in the carb slide diaphragm can restrict air flow and fuel flow and do this.

Restricted air flow due to a dirty filter can cause the same problem.

ALSO, I AM GETTING VERY TIRED OF HAVING TO ENTER MY NAME, PASS WORD AND SECRET WORD FOR EVERY REPLY. NOT SURE IT IS WORTH IT.

·
Premium Member
6,677 Posts
GoMotor,
That is as good of advice and possibly better description of scenarios than many of us could have given!

As to your other problem, Handle, password, "secret pass word", I haven't had a problem. I know nothing about a "secret password", ain't they ALL supposed to be 'secret'!

I, key in my info once and good to go as before.

Something seems 'amiss'!

Moderators, maybe a little help please, before we lose a "well traveled, highly experienced, valued member"!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts