Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone mentioned ENGINE DYNAMICS
with regards cam bearing bore repairs. I contacted them to ask about the service and a "guesstimate" as to the cost. Here is the response. I don't have any connection/nor do I know anyone who has used their service but will definitely keep the info on hand.

"Yes we can do cam journal repairs on most KLR 650s. I say most because we have seen one or two that have too badly damaged to repair.

The labor charge is $175.00 for one side & $318.00 if both intake & exhaust need repair. Plus the cost of bushings which are $25.00 each. We also carry the Hot Cams when cams are needed.

We require the head, the cam caps complete with bolts, we also clean up the cams where possible for no extra charge. If the head is badly damaged we suggest that the owner e mail us photos of both the head & the cam caps for us to take a look. - cheaper than postage."

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Well that is one 1/3rd to one 1/2 of the apparent going rate for a 'good used' head assembly. Doable if needed. I hope no one that I know ever needs their services. But I shall remember their name!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts