Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting phenomenon has come to roost in my garage. I recently put a new set of D606's on my machine. I saved the rear D606 which made over 5000 miles. I could have gotten approx another 500 or so anyway. 5600. I also have yet another brand new rear D606 waiting in the wings. To date I have approx 450 miles on the new D606 and I inspected it last night and found something interesting. If I didn't know any better just looking at the rear I would assume it had almost 2000 miles on it. I rolled up the new D606 next to the "used new D606 on the bike with 450 miles" and couldn't believe the wear I have experienced. To those that are familiar with this Dunlop every other center knob has a slight indentation in it that appears to be something that might be construed as a water line or wear indicator. This line is completely gone already. Hmmmm.... maybe I ran through some chemicals and it "ate" my tire. GRRR!! :twisted:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Check air pressure.

It's been noticed that they look like they are evaporating quickly in the first few hundred miles and then stop, and wear out a lil slower as the miles accumulate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about that because I never really checked the first D606 like I'm checking this one. Hopefully thats all that going on.

I checked my air pressure and its still fine at 135.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
You mention miles but don't mention tire pressures, where you ride, the conditions you ride, and what gear you haul. All of these add or subtract to tire mileage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tomatocity said:
You mention miles but don't mention tire pressures, where you ride, the conditions you ride, and what gear you haul. All of these add or subtract to tire mileage.
Current conditions are identical to the conditions for the previous D606 so I didn't bother to mention all the variables. Plus we are only talking about 450 miles......

·
Registered
102 Posts
I too have noticed that different 'batches' of the same tire seem to wear differently. I've noticed varied wear on same - brand tires, all kept at the same psi and all used the same way... Maybe you got a tire built on a friday afternoon...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang...West. I put that bait out there and nobody went for it. You win the prize however! LOL..... :lol:

Another pot stirrer I yam!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
my 606 seemed to vaporize in the first 1,000 miles. i thought for sure it wouldn't make it to 2,000 miles. i've got 5,000 miles on it and it's finally worn out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
larryboy said:
my 606 seemed to vaporize in the first 1,000 miles. i thought for sure it wouldn't make it to 2,000 miles. i've got 5,000 miles on it and it's finally worn out.
Thanks, Larryboy. That makes me feel alot better, cause I really like the D606.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts