Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother left here 2 days after christmas for Yuma. He hauled his bike down to my Dads place in his pickup. They left last week on a 6 week ride down to Panama. If any of you want to follow their ride, here is a link to his ride report over on "The Chain Gang" . He is posting his report as he is going.
http://www.f650.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=278285#278285

·
Registered
603 Posts
cool gunn,I will have to keep up with this

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
klrmike said:
cool gunn,I will have to keep up with this
Yeah, should be interesting. They will be gone 6 weeks and go between 12-14k miles.....

·
Registered
308 Posts
I checked that out. Looks awesome. I'm a bit jealous after seeing the sandy beach, the warm weather and the drinkys! I'll definately be following your pop and brother on that trip. Panama is one of my wanna do's.

Jame

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the link!!! Your dad is my hero- I really hope I'm enjoying life half as much as he is when I'm his age! I feel really fortunate to have randomly met him on the road in Mexico. Hope to ride with you guys someday.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hayduke said:
Thanks for the link!!! Your dad is my hero- I really hope I'm enjoying life half as much as he is when I'm his age! I feel really fortunate to have randomly met him on the road in Mexico. Hope to ride with you guys someday.
As much as he rides, I'm sure you 2 will meet up again. He has had his RT Beemer for 3 1/2 years, and it has 98,000 miles on it already. The man loves to ride!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just talked to Brad last night. They will be crossing into Guatemala some time today. So far, the only road kill has been a tarantula and the tail of an iguana. It will get interesting now with all the border crossings they will be coming to. Check out the link above. He just updated it yesterday......

·
Registered
603 Posts
:h0158 Hope I can still ride at that age! Keep us posted Gunn,looks like a blast

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, they are now in Guatamal. Border crossing only took 20 minutes. Spent the next day there and are going into Honduras tomorrow.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thats cool Gunn.Someday I would like to take an adventure like this.I'm following them on their link
keep us posted

Mike

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The latest update. They made it to Hondurus and it was taking them 3-4 hours at each border crossing :shock: . With 18 borders yet to cross, they decided it would take to much time to go all the way to Panama, then back across all the borders. So, last I heard, they were on there way back towards Mexico.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are now in Texas. They rode 160 miles in the rain today before stopping at Eagles Pass texas for the night. When he called today, he said he was soaked from head to toe and temps were in the high 30's. I don't envy this part of the trip....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts