Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get most of the rally information here not having cable TV and only a few over the air channels...

http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html

We do have a Roku box and Netflix but as yet have not found any source covering the rally.

Hats off to the all participants whether two wheeled or four, an incredible test of man and machine !!!

RIP Kurt Caselli. He will be sorely missed.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Thanks for that. I cancelled my TV service due to lack of interest. Not much Dakar coverage anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We moved a couple of years ago and lived in our toy hauler/trailer for over a month while remodeling and never missed TV that much. After moving in we just never had much interest in getting cable again. We do watch the occasional movie on Netflix and I darn sure don't miss all the commercials! Drives me nuts to watch regular TV now given the chance.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stage 2. 140 competitors left out of 196 starting = 56 out already.

To simply finish is to win.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woo-Hoo, Marc Coma (KTM) wins his fourth Dakar followed by Despres who went from KTM to Yamaha this year. Hats off to ANYONE that actually finished this.

I was rooting for Robby Gordon in the truck division but he went out a few days ago with a ruptured fuel cell.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
For some reason I find joy in Robby Gordon's failures. Not really sure why.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to agree with you on one thing. He is arrogant and has a buttload of money.

However, with 5 SCORE wins, 3 Baja 500 wins, 3 Baja 1000 wins, raced at Indy, plus Nascar (ugggh), and other venues he has earned the right as a competitor on his own.

Now, the true winners of this rally are the independents that don't have the luxury of a factory team to care for their machinery, provide food, sleeping quarters, and a hot shower every evening.

Check out the story of Lawrence Hacking from Ontario called "To Dakar and Back". Truly inspiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts